Crank Bros. hooked me up !

Stocky

2 weeks ago I noticed just as we started riding that I had lost a "plate" on my Crank Bros. 50/50 pedals.

I sent them an e-mail and they said they would send a replacement plate. It showed up today and I was sent a "plate kit" consisting of 4 plates and mounting hardware.

No charge, gratis , on them

Very nice customer service.

MST.ESQ

Recently had a similar experience with my Candy pedals. The end of one spring snapped. They replaced both springs, the worn cages and used a rebuild kit to put them back together. I had them back 6 days after I mailed them out... :D

Also, my initial e-mail to them merely explained that I was having difficulty staying clipped in. Anka Martin responded (the same day on a Saturday) by sending me a shipping address and the promise of a fast turn-around...

By the way, their customer service is not outsourced overseas, Anka, my rep, is a MTB racer herself...

A very happy customer indeed.

Last edited:

Stocky

Recently had a similar experience with my Candy pedals. The end of one spring snapped. They replaced both springs, the worn cages and used a rebuild kit to put them back together. I had them back 6 days after I mailed them out... :D

Also, my initial e-mail to them merely explained that I was having difficulty staying clipped in. Anka Martin responded (the same day on a Saturday) by sending me a shipping address and the promise of a fast turn-around...

By the way, their customer service is not outsourced overseas, Anka, my rep, is a MTB racer herself...

A very happy customer indeed.

Yup, Anka is the cat's meow !

she did me right.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Crank bros have great cust service.

I was speaking with Jeff the other day about which companies offer better or worse support at the consumer level.

As a shop guy I deal with this stuff every day but as a consumer the response might be different.

Believe it or not this kind of stuff heavily influences which brands we choose to stock.

Here are the companies that seem to work best directly with consumer issues:

Bell Sports (easton,bell,giro,Blackburn)

Thule

CrankBros

Magura

There is also a list of companies that provide excellent service but require you to go through the dealer.

These include

SRAM (rockshox, Sram, Truvativ, Zipp, Avid)

Shimano

Mavic

Michelin

Cannondale

Giant

Sidi

Anyone care to add good/Bad experiences??

Stocky

Ya know It never occured to me that I also needed the pins that were on the "plate" and the kit doesn not come the pins. So emailed Anka back with a "sorry to be a pain in the ass" but i need the missing pins .
No problem , she will send them out this week.

I have small business ,me,my dad 6 employees. You HAVE TO do it better than the next guy. It's all about treating your customers the same way you would want to be treated if you were in their shoes.

In turn they tell two friends and so on, and so on.......

that's how ya keep and get new business.

Top Bottom