CR on sun

bighit

anyone want to ride the rock on sun the 25th at around 10:30. rolling on the pug so its going to be slow in the snow.

bighit

yes i have been riding there for 20 years now. i used to lead night rides there for high gear cyclery. i dont drop anyone.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
anyone want to ride the rock on sun the 25th at around 10:30. rolling on the pug so its going to be slow in the snow.

Bighit, the Trail talk forum caters to people reporting about a trail or trail related info. If you want to get a ride together go to the Rides & Races tab and post a thread. Also I have gotten more responses for group rides if I post about 3days ahead of time, people have a better idea of schedule and are more likely to commit. If my schedule permits I'll see you next Sat@CR:D

bighit

oh sorry about that. i saw races and ran the other way. i will post it there.
RSVP in the Rides, Races and Events forum.

Last edited:

bighit

trail conditions were, hard pack snow with about 1-2 inches of powder on top. it was very rideable. it wasnt as slippery as i thought it would be.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it's bad

I emailed my buddy who lives next to the park & he said it's a mess. Not that's a big surprise as last weekend the trails were covered in snow. He said people are still riding it. Not that that's a surprise either. :(

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Yeah the view from out my window doesn't look to promising. I'm going to talk a walk back there in a few to check out the conditions.

I live right next to the red trail, which is, IMO, the wettest trail there. I'll let you guys know!

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Good news! Today 2/15/09 the ground is frozen. CR appears to be rideable, but again, it's not great, but it's certainly rideable.

The obvious muddy spots are frozen, which is good.

So again, get out there ASAP if you want to take advantage of frozen ground :D

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i was out there for a dawn patrol ride this morning. it was frozen solid at 7am... thing is the spots that were starting to get sun by the end of my ride were already looking like they were softening up, and that was around 9am. temps were in the 20s overnight, so it had many hours to freeze. i'm sure by now its too soft. early bird gets the worm.

i did note lots of deep frozen ruts and lots of trail widening due to people riding in muddy conditions, especially on the small loop(s) right across the street from the newman's lane parking lot - which sucks.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions