CR accident

Deir

Anyone know status of cyclist hit Sunday?

I’m heartbroken about the damn traffic up and down CR. I warned the mayor before WF was built that’s we’d need to alert drivers that we have trial heads and crossings and cyclists. Long unsuccessful story.

I hope the rider is ok. ?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t think anyone posted anything in regards to this. So this is news to me for sure and sounds like you know more than we do. Where did this happen?

rlb

Sorry to hear that someone was hit, hope they are doing ok. Can you provide some more details? This is the first I'm hearing about it and I can't find any news.

Deir

North near the baseball fields on the southbound side. But that’s all I know. My son was driving to tennis courts and saw the bike down and the car. He thinks it may have been a child. ☹️

Driving up the road yesterday, I saw two people obviously distracted. One crossed yellow toward us. Other had her phone resting on top of steering wheel as she typed.

I asked the mayor for Share the Road and trail head crossing signs. He said residents would complain about costs. (I’m a resident.) Since then they’ve installed a dozen no parking signs.

I’m disappointed, angry, and worried for all of us who ride and cross that road.

RobW

What kind of mayor will try to talk you out of human safety??? holy shite... whos the Mayor of that town? is he a crook as well?

qclabrat

I was down that way on Sunday and didn't see anything on CR road
Hope the accident wasn't serious

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not to stir the pot, but is this an actual issue? Just wait until the cars are clear before crossing, problem solved.

just to make the motorists aware that there are people that ride bikes. motorists are like non-human, uncaring machines.
according to a study done in NZ anyway.

want to really screw with them, put in a crosswalk, so i can step into it and watch the confusion....

there is always the chance that there wasn't a car-bike accident - since they get reported rather quickly by
all the pro-bike groups.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
just to make the motorists aware that there are people that ride bikes. motorists are like non-human, uncaring machines.
according to a study done in NZ anyway.

want to really screw with them, put in a crosswalk, so i can step into it and watch the confusion....

there is always the chance that there wasn't a car-bike accident - since they get reported rather quickly by
all the pro-bike groups.

Maybe because I'm a bike commuter I'm less sensitive to this? I purposely ride out of town on Chimney Rock Road because it's the least busy way over the ridge.

Dave02

I was there on Sunday just after it happened as the police were arriving- it was on Chimney Rock Road a couple hundred feet north of Gilbride.
I was crossing Chimney Rock Road onto the white trail- didn't see the bike but suspected a pedestrian was hit. Didn't see anything about it online- hope it wasn't as bad as I suspect.

qclabrat

I was there on Sunday just after it happened as the police were arriving- it was on Chimney Rock Road a couple hundred feet north of Gilbride.
I was crossing Chimney Rock Road onto the white trail- didn't see the bike but suspected a pedestrian was hit. Didn't see anything about it online- hope it wasn't as bad as I suspect.
Do you recall the time?

rlb

Dan
What kind of mayor will try to talk you out of human safety??? holy shite... whos the Mayor of that town? is he a crook as well?

Dan Hayes, and yes it Seems like it with the redevelopment deals that are being floated in town.

rlb

asked the mayor for Share the Road and trail head crossing signs. He said residents would complain about costs. (I’m a resident.) Since then they’ve installed a dozen no parking signs.

Well that spot did need the no parking signs too, because that was also a huge safety issue. Still a BS excuse on his end regardless.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions