Couture-Lesnar

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Who thinks Lesnar has a shot? He looked much, much better in his last fight than against Mir. He's fast, stupid strong, fighting someone past his prime. . . I don't know, call me crazy but I think he has a prayer.

Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Easy money is on Couture of course, but I'm thinking Lesnar has a shot. Not sure I'm getting the fight (wife still hasn't forgiven me for the $50 blown on Mayweather-Gatti. Or Wright-Trinidad. Or Hopkins-De La Hoya) but I'd like to see it.

s4lnj

both great wrestlers, but cotoure has greco on his side as well as more jui jitsu under his belt. cotoure has the cage experience also. BUT, you can't deny lesnar's size and strength. it will be tough to handle if cotoure finds himself underneath of lesnar.

i honestly can't call this one.

walter

Fourth Party
Couture past his prime, of course. Out of fight condition, I don't think so. I think and hope that the only chance Lesnar has is if Couture really F's up.

I sometimes feel like the UFC is becoming more and more like the WWE with all the drama and BS. I'm also not really a big fan of the way Dana White is bumping Lesnar right to the top. Sure there aren't to many heavywieghts around these days, but to have 3 pro fights and being handed a shot at the title is a bit crappy in my eyes.

I would like to see Arlovski bite Lesnars face off.

bozizle

Lesnar

I think Lesnar has a great shot at beating Coture. After watching his last fight he is just so much to handle unless you get a KO punch I think he will over power Randy. Last fight I felt like he never went for the kill and just punished the other guy for an extra 2 rounds. This is just one of many great fights the UFC has coming up over the next 2 months.

s4lnj

Couture past his prime, of course. Out of fight condition, I don't think so. I think and hope that the only chance Lesnar has is if Couture really F's up.

I sometimes feel like the UFC is becoming more and more like the WWE with all the drama and BS. I'm also not really a big fan of the way Dana White is bumping Lesnar right to the top. Sure there aren't to many heavywieghts around these days, but to have 3 pro fights and being handed a shot at the title is a bit crappy in my eyes.

I would like to see Arlovski bite Lesnars face off.

mir and nog deserve the fight before lesnar for sure. it is kinda shitty the way it's going down, but lesnar puts asses in the seats.

yeah, lesnar pounded on herring for three rounds, but cotoure is no heath herring. i wouldn't expect cotoure to just turtle up for the whole fight, plus he has stronger takedown defence than herring does. hopefully he won't end up under lesnar.

arlovski seams to be back at the top of his game. should be interesting to see how he handles fedor. i wish dana white could come to some sort of agreement with the affliction org. aside from ufc, they have some top talent.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy

Boxing has justice in terms of who gets a title shot. But it also has:
- An ungodly number of championship belts- Way too many weight classes
- Promoters to haggle with (and pay off)
- Network contracts that also get in the way

So I'll take Dana's totalitarian control and watch the fights we actually want to watch.

walter

Fourth Party
My friend and I alternate between houses for each ppv. We don't have to worry about getting a sitter, the wives can hang out and the guys get to act like jackasses.

C

CultureCouture

Boxing has justice in terms of who gets a title shot. But it also has:
- An ungodly number of championship belts- Way too many weight classes
- Promoters to haggle with (and pay off)
- Network contracts that also get in the way

So I'll take Dana's totalitarian control and watch the fights we actually want to watch.

Did you watch the Jones Jr v. Calzaghe fight? How heartbreaking was that! Jones would have won that 5 years ago. Egos, egos.

I'm pretty psyched for the De La Hoya v. Pacquiao fight, though I'm pretty sure it's a win for De La Hoya.

crash_in_nj

Good deal. I got rid of my cable/internet/phone at home, so I can't do the ppv anymore. They also have the PPV at Primetime on 9 in Sayreville. I used to hang out there a lot, but not so much anymore.

M

mondojoe

I'd rather see a fight like this instead of some boxer defending his 12 titles against a 20-0 bum. I also think Brock has a good chance of winning this but we've bet against Randy before and the guy just pulls it out. Either way...an exciting fight.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Did you watch the Jones Jr v. Calzaghe fight? How heartbreaking was that! Jones would have won that 5 years ago. Egos, egos.

Nope, I can't pay money for fighters who should have hung em up years ago. And I think 5 years ago Calzaghe would have still won handedly (remember he's 36 himself -- 12 years now into his super middleweight title defense).

This coming Saturday is Jeff Lacy-Jermaine Taylor (and it's free!). If the killer in Lacy shows up, he may make it a interesting fight (he used to knock heads). And a week later Brooklyn's own Paulie Malignaggi fights Ricky Fatton (again free!), which has the possibility of being absolutely amazing.

Top Bottom