Countdown to Kingdom Trails

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I'm sure you already heard all the trails to hit multiple times. Have fun man.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Actually I haven't. However this has been an annual trip for more than a few years, so I am sure I will find a train and hang on.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I remeber you telling me about it on the MDR ride last year. i think you had just gotten back. I was debating bringing lights, but I figure I will ride Fri, Sat & Sun, so no need to go out at night, as well.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Bring the lights!!!
you'll be tempted....
better be prepared.

I;m pissed I didnt get to go this year.

Mare

Ride all the trails and you'll quickly learn which ones you want to hit a 2nd (3rd, 4th...) time. :) I hope you have a great time!!!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Steve, you're going to love it. There are some really fun trails up there. High's in the 70's and low's in the 50's this weekend. I'll probably see you up there at some point.

rockstar

Steve,
I am so jealous...I have missed going on this trip every year, due to clash :mad: of schedules....
I hear it's a guaranteed blast!!! :D ENJOY!!!

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Heading to KT with Velocity Boy and the BTCNJ crew. T -4 and counting!

Shaggz -

Park next to the Welcome Center and pick up a map with your trail pass there or at the East Burke Sports shop.

You really can't go wrong with any of the singletrack at KT but for a relatively "short-ish" Friday route, hit all the river trails, ie. Widowmaker, Pines, Nose, Leatherwood etc,...all are tight and twisty. You'll have a ball!

Cya Friday afternoon!

Shaggz

A strong 7
Rack: there is always next year.

Ellen: I hope to see you out on the trails. I will be the slow fat guy in the loud orange & blue (but you know that already :D).

Joe: Will try that route. I'm planning on leaving between 8:00 - 9:00, whcih should get me there by 3:ish...

mwlikesbikes

You're gonna love it. I was just there the first week of August. Just remember that every day's ride ends with a run down Kitchel. Have a blast, the Lynburke is... a motel. The beds are clean and the shower is hot. It ain't the Hilton but it ain't a rat hole either. At the end of the day you can sit outside, crack a few beers and watch the locals drive by endlessly in their overly loud pick-up trucks.

fasterthanliam

The shuttle for 5 dollars is well worth the money. It will extend your day and take you all the way to the top. Then you can work your way back and forth all the way down with fresh legs. J bar should provide a great ending to your day . They were just finishing it while I was there. Trout river pub ( i think that was the name) was a solid eating choice local with many funky pizza choices. Two pairs of shorts were also a great idea just to switch out after lunch. As Mare said ride early and ride your favorites more than once.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I assume you are talking about this:

SHUTTLE RIDES: Most weekends our friends at IDERIDE will shuttle you and your bike right from the village to all points on the mountain for a small fee. ($20 a day or $5 a trip) Check www.ideride.com for more information.

Looks like the Burke Mountain trails...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Burke Mountain is where the DH trails are. I dont know how hard core they are, both times I've been up there Burke Mountain has been closed due to "Wet Trails"

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Mountain trails were closed last year when we were there too.

Shaggz, I'll keep an eye open for a guy in bibs with no shirt ;), and VB, Laura and Robson as well.

You have probably already viewed this last year, but here is a link to my last years video to pump you up: http://gallery.me.com/ellenandart#100123

Our mission this year is 500 laughs a day!

Last edited:
Top Bottom