Cougar attack in Washington kills 1 biker, injures another

Kaleidopete

Scary! I know when I saw what I was told was a bobcat in Waywayanda, it scared me a little too. I thought it was a cougar.
It was huge. Poor photos, I had Adrenalin jitters.
Bobcat04.jpg

Bobcat05.jpg

cbiker

Ive seen a bunch of cougars in az they usually just run but its pretty much the only animal in the cont. Us that will stalk and attack humans. Bobcats are not really a danger to anyone there are no know bobcat attacks on humans

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Gravel grinder industry comes to a halt.
I thought this was Washington NJ, would have been more scared if that was the case.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
One of the rides I wanted to do was to connect HM to Ramapo... but was told by a local police officer that there are some mountain lions at Ramapo. They, sometimes, come down to HM. Since hearing this... the thought of riding Ramapo scares me a bit.

rick81721

Lothar
Seriously there are Florida panthers near where i live in FL. Guy i bike with swears he saw one in the undeveloped part of our community. There aren't many left but I've read there has never been an attack on humans.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Everything in the park pretty much runs away from people. The BIG bears just kind of stand their ground and look at you.
View attachment 69185View attachment 69186
I’ve come face to face with bears in ringwood. They’ve always run away but it’s still unsettling. When doing night rides it’s always amusing to see eyes reflecting back and hoping it’s a deer. Mostly I’m worried what my dog would do with a bobcat, she has a strong prey drive.

JerseyPete

One of the rides I wanted to do was to connect HM to Ramapo... but was told by a local police officer that there are some mountain lions at Ramapo. They, sometimes, come down to HM. Since hearing this... the thought of riding Ramapo scares me a bit.
I strongly doubt this. I've never seen paw prints other than bear.

rick81721

Lothar
I strongly doubt this. I've never seen paw prints other than bear.

There were reported sightings of a mountain lion in the sourlands area of our town about 10 years ago. But as Pete's photo shows, people can mistake a big bobcat for a mountain lion, especially if you don't see the tail. There are no confirmed mountain lion sightings in NJ as far as I know.

Top Bottom