This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

mntal

FWIW, 3M just says they dont recommend it because they've never tested it. No warning about risks from the media.

(Source)
3m: filters out microns of everything per their advertising, can virtually stop everything. also from them, yea these aren't designed to be effective.

Mahnken

I'm going leave this here because there's some talk about coronavirus.... I really just can't believe how much money some people have.

serviceguy

you must have read The Lord of the Flies ?

View attachment 127321

Kindofa prequel to Thor's hammer :D

Never, but my wife is a big fan of the book if I am not mistaken... she tried to make me watch the movie but I couldn’t watch it for more than 5 minutes. Not my cup of tee.

Funny thing, it must have been at least 3 or 4 years since I read my last book in Italian.

Last edited:

Fat Trout

I'm going leave this here because there's some talk about coronavirus.... I really just can't believe how much money some people have.

SMH. This pitch always implies those who are the do-ers and the makers will still do and make when all of what they obtain is given to those who don't do and don't make....anything. I know the only reason I work as hard as I do and put up with what I do is the pay off that gets me what I get.

Fat Trout

The main component in filtration that determines the permeability is Meltblown. Meltblown is used in air filters, water filters, fuel filters and masks. The fiber structure determines what micron size can be passed. Here's a few pics of a lab machine we built to test fiber size for particular die designs. There are approximately 1000 0.012" capillaries in that 24" wide die. The hazy white stuff is the fibers being formed. They get accumulated on the drum and form a sheet of intermingled fibers, then wound into roll form.

3M has 2 meltblown lines that make ALL of their filtration material in the US. Same machine for HVAC and masks.

View attachment 127296
View attachment 127297
View attachment 127295
Yes but do you have one in stock? Asking for some others (lol)

don

Crazy. When David Solomon is just a blip on Bezo's worth scale you know that Bezos has an absolutely ridiculous amount of money :oops:

Not sure if I agree with all the spends at the end for the highest level of the rich but curing malaria at 3% seems like a no-brainer (and that will have a trickle effect for other diseases I bet).

Sad that the Amazon employees make just a pixel's worth of money. I try not to use Amazon (even before seeing this) but truth is Amazon has done well with the Covid. They had 26% more revenue than last year even though net was less. I'm not sure how he did after today but he is still up $34B year to date (attached photo)

Untitled.jpg

Bezos said they are going to spend all of the $4B of profits on Covid related costs. (https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ntirety-of-dollar4-billion-profit/ar-BB13rphG) It would be interesting to see where it actually goes.

JPark

SMH. This pitch always implies those who are the do-ers and the makers will still do and make when all of what they obtain is given to those who don't do and don't make....anything. I know the only reason I work as hard as I do and put up with what I do is the pay off that gets me what I get.
Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic read on this subject. It is a LONG book though.

mfennell

Heard on the radio last night that Monmouth County's doubling rate is out to 30 days. Good news.
Win some, lose some. Peak recorded deaths in NJ yesterday. The data is super noisy though. Weekends always show a drop, followed by a spike. Week-over-week, it's fairly steady (using my advanced eyeball-average technique). If deaths is a 2 week lagging indicator, expect to see them fall off next week. EDIT: at this point, we're at about 5 years cumulative seasonal flu deaths in less than 2 months.

w_b

am I the only one who feels pressure to manscape with the Lawnmower 3.0?

edit: and what happened to those poor early-adoptin' fvcks who manscaped with v2.0 or (gasp!) 1.0?

Top Bottom