This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

thegock

Ok, I'll play till we both get put in the box.

8. The Federal Government? I don't expect the government to save my ass from every dilemma. They shut the country down, what more do you expect? I ride road and MTB.

One question. What do you expect the government to do beyond what they're doing?

U forgot to grade the Federal government on the one to 10 scale. E.g. I grade my memo writing today as a 7.5. However, given the PANDEMIC and the burden of having my bloviating "colleague" on last five minutes of the fifth conference call of the week say that we are going to have to disclose it in the SEC filings, I will put it on a curve at 8. @clarkenstein u wouldn't have thought of brilliant idea like that.

Oh, and go to sleep @Norm

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
U forgot to grade the Federal government on the one to 10 scale. E.g. I grade my memo writing today as a 7.5. However, given the PANDEMIC and the burden of having my bloviating "colleague" on the fifth conference call of the week say that we are going to have to disclose it in the SEC filings, I will put it on a curve at 8. @clarkenstein u wouldn't have thought of brilliant idea like that.

Oh, and go to sleep @ norm

Part I. Item 1A. page 23 my man. page 23.

TimBay

Ok, is political happytime funhour done yet? We all know 3 things we can agree on.

1. Bikes are rad.
2. Corona sucks (virus and beer)
3. This whole thing is a plot by the illuminatis as a temperature check to see if they can take absolute power of us all.

Captain Brainstorm

coming from the manufacturing world. I like how people think millions of testing kits for something hyper specific can pop out of nowhere at a moments notice.

Exactly! Half of my job is coordinating and leading teams at the manufacturing sites to scale-up new drug manufacture. There is no government factory somewhere making test kits, it all comes from the private sector. Even under expedited conditions, there’s at least a 4wk lead-time for components, longer for biologics. From what I understand, most of the testing is RT-PCR which is operator dependent. There are only X many labs out there with a finite number of trained technicians qualified to do this. The reagents are probably being manufactured on allocation, meaning they’re shipping out as fast as they can crank them out, no safety stock. Oh, and the companies that make this stuff probably make critical components for other life-threatening conditions (there are things out there far worse than Covid-19) so they can’t dedicate all their resources and line time purely to this. Rapid tests based on IgG and IgM are just starting to hit. Being in the industry, I bet those companies that make all of the test components (rapid and RT-PCR) started tooling up for this back in January when it broke out of Wuhan, anticipating that this would happen.

TimBay

I like Corona beer, beats any budweiser or miller beer for me. I haven't had one in years though.
giphy (23).gif

That's the equivalent of saying you like BK, beats any Mcdonalds or Wendy's. They are all shit. Also, buy modelo and get back to me. If you're gonna drink Mexican barley piss, drink modelo.

serviceguy

This may be more of a question that perhaps @serviceguy can help with. Is the US even close to what Italy is doing?

Italy never banned flights from hot spot countries (back then that would have been only China). Government politicians actually made an effort to show that Italians are not racist rather than contain the virus, with the Italian president go as far as publicly hugging Chinese little boys to prove the point. The US did not do that.

Basically whatever restrictive measure the Italian government took were taken too little and too late in order to contain the virus spreading. Measures such as the ones taken in China would be impossible for a democratic country, but they probably worked. I believe that the US bought some time, now it depends how we use it. The kids partying in Florida don't make me very comfortable about it.

Bergamo, a northern city with a population of about 122K and a density of 7,9000/Square Mile can no longer bury the dead or cremate them, so they are being carried by military trucks in neighboring cities for burial/cremation. Cremations takes times because after the actual cremation happens the ashes must cool down for about 4-5 hours, hence the problem.

If you need to be hospitalized (not specifically cor the corona virus) your relatives are not allowed in the hospital, ever. If your relative dies while in hospital, you never ever see him/her again. My friend's mother died in her house 2 days ago of cancer, she's been taken and brought to the crematory without any funeral or ceremony. They could not have any relative visiting, at all. There are no funeral being performed in Italy at this time.

There are strong doubts about testing as well, it's common opinion that the infected maybe more than the ones reported as well.

Not sure... I think Leo said in Italy, there are jail time consequences if you are on the streets without proper reasons.

3 months if you don't have a valid reason to be out, more if you are actually infected and you out and about. And a fine to pay, I believe a few hundred euros.

TimBay

Blasphemy!!!
Next thing you gonna say is Taco bell ain't Mexican
It's convenient and tasty...but shit compared to the real thing. Y'all gotta get on board with TimBay Super Sauce. It's sweet baby ray original, Hidden Valley Ranch and Louisiana Hot Sauce. Mixed to preference. Fyi louisiana brand is similar, but slightly better than Frank's. I ain't wrong.

xrjx

Exactly! Half of my job is coordinating and leading teams at the manufacturing sites to scale-up new drug manufacture. There is no government factory somewhere making test kits, it all comes from the private sector. Even under expedited conditions, there’s at least a 4wk lead-time for components, longer for biologics. From what I understand, most of the testing is RT-PCR which is operator dependent. There are only X many labs out there with a finite number of trained technicians qualified to do this. The reagents are probably being manufactured on allocation, meaning they’re shipping out as fast as they can crank them out, no safety stock. Oh, and the companies that make this stuff probably make critical components for other life-threatening conditions (there are things out there far worse than Covid-19) so they can’t dedicate all their resources and line time purely to this. Rapid tests based on IgG and IgM are just starting to hit. Being in the industry, I bet those companies that make all of the test components (rapid and RT-PCR) started tooling up for this back in January when it broke out of Wuhan, anticipating that this would happen.

not disputing this - but how is it that South Korea was able to gear up and get large scale testing underway so much more quickly than the US if that's the case?

Top Bottom