This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

JerseyPete

Let’s back off the political crap...Anybody know anything about this hydroxychloroquine that president Trump was talking about? I believe last night I saw some administration official mentioning a 100% rate of patient cured using it in a limited study in the south of France. Is it solid?
Hydroxychloroquine with azithromycin are having good results as treatment, preliminary results. Like anything else, what we can get our hands on NOW is what matters. Those two items are already FDA approved with a track record and available.
I've been reading about it for several days and it is getting traction.

Captain Brainstorm

I'll only address 3 as the rest is gibberish. H1N1 was a totally different animal and standard test kits were readily available. They were not specific to h1n1 nor were they that accurate. That wouldn't cut it with this novel virus:

https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/diagnostic_testing_public_qa.htm

What happened this time? A totally different test was required, using PCR technology. FDA red tape and reagent errors in CDC's initial test caused initial delays. This is a surprisingly unbiased piece on it, considering the source. They throw in a few trump slams, but that's expected. Would a pres Hillary have gotten this done any faster? Does she know how to create virus tests? I doubt it

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/what-went-wrong-with-coronavirus-testing-in-the-us

Good luck with bitcoin - is it worthless yet??

I like how everyone thinks that testing kits are the crux of beating this thing. Testing kits only help with the statistics at this point. If you have any flu-like symptoms, quarantine yourself. If you're in respiratory distress, go seek medical help. If you don't need to go to the ER, stay home and isolated, don't go and get tested. Very simple.

Led by who?

At this point in the HIV pandemic, its become like emphysema. We all know what causes it, how you get it, exactly which activities lead to it. Its kind of on you at this point.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
"We have done an incredible job. We're going to continue," Trump said during a Black History Month reception at the White House. "It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear. And from our shores, you know, it could get worse before it gets better. Could maybe go away. We'll see what happens. Nobody really knows."

That was February.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I like how everyone thinks that testing kits are the crux of beating this thing. Testing kits only help with the statistics at this point. If you have any flu-like symptoms, quarantine yourself. If you're in respiratory distress, go seek medical help. If you don't need to go to the ER, stay home and isolated, don't go and get tested. Very simple.

At this point in the HIV pandemic, its become like emphysema. We all know what causes it, how you get it, exactly which activities lead to it. Its kind of on you at this point.
As a side note, I am reading all your posts in Jimmy McGill's voice
(currently rewatching Saul with the Mrs)
I am going to be very disappointed if you don't actually sound like that.

TimBay

"We have done an incredible job. We're going to continue," Trump said during a Black History Month reception at the White House. "It's going to disappear. One day it's like a miracle, it will disappear. And from our shores, you know, it could get worse before it gets better. Could maybe go away. We'll see what happens. Nobody really knows."

That was February.
Was he talking about racism or corona?

Top Bottom