This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Looks at @serviceguy

In all seriousness was your hands and avoid touching your face, that alone is enough to dramatically lower risk.

Hospitals are having the majority of cases on droplet precaution.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's here. We're all going to get it..... And be fine in a week to 10 days. Kinda like.... The flu.

Seriously, someone find an article where a person who had it was interviewed, and described it. You'd think that with the 100,000's of people infected, that would be an easy thing to find. It's not. Strange IMO.

The article in the Atlantic is the most level headed and non sensationalized article I've read.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Today I need to stock up on food and water, just in case. I work in hospitals, if I get any inside info I’ll post it. For now it seems like avoiding people is the best prevention. I did the math and it seems that 3.4% of infected die, at least by the published numbers. Not sure how that compares to regular flu.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Kinda hard to gauge was the real risk is. The flu is why more prevalent and kills way more people EVERY year. I wouldnt be surprised if Milan San Remo is cancelled because of it...

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
My spouse started assessing our food supply.
I told her to check the ammo supply instead.....

I drew on savings over this, I'm buying calls and I'm going to be filthy rich. Trump cann't stand the stock market we're going to cure Corona virus, aids, cancer solve homelessness, free Hong Kong diplomatically and bring peace to the middle East next week.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
1% fatality rate for the flu
2-3% for coronavirus

flu mortality is 0.1% according to the atlantic. This is the very young, very old, and immune compromised people.

More than likely, the rate is over-reported, because the cases are under-reported for the new virus.
Not sure how they adjust for that.

Kinda hard to gauge was the real risk is.

as in 'threat of death' or 'contracting it' ?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
flu mortality is 0.1% according to the atlantic. This is the very young, very old, and immune compromised people.

More than likely, the rate is over-reported, because the cases are under-reported for the new virus.

Both
My son in a school of 900 kids is obviously a major risk and kids are disgusting.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Today I need to stock up on food and water, just in case. I work in hospitals, if I get any inside info I’ll post it. For now it seems like avoiding people is the best prevention. I did the math and it seems that 3.4% of infected die, at least by the published numbers. Not sure how that compares to regular flu.

I was asked this morning to do a risk analysis this morning those numbers are really over estimated

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
But isn’t that people who die?
yeah, just saying... imagine that many people infected, which at a school full of snotty kids, isn't totally unreasonable. Even 25% infected is ~4 to 7 deed.

As someone who takes medication that suppresses my immune system (for RA), this scares the absolute fuck out of me.

I really hope the numbers are way off, and this turns out to be NBD, but what if it's not?

qclabrat

It's actually 0.057% of the millions who get the flu. Yeah, I understand rounding...
The 1% are serious cases which usually require hospitalization and usually the elderly or health compromised. Most important is to stay educated by reliable sources and not you hear from from places.... Well like here....

Top Bottom