This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

JerseyPete

Is it unethical to get the vaccine before your “group” is up?
If you are taking someone in and the administrator tells you that they can take care of you as well, I see no ethic problem there. If you tell them you are a smoker or obese when you are not, then yeah, maybe some issues.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
If you are taking someone in and the administrator tells you that they can take care of you as well, I see no ethic problem there. If you tell them you are a smoker or obese when you are not, then yeah, maybe some issues.
It relates to one and is not smoking or obese.

Fat Trout

I ran across an opportunity and through an odd set of circumstances including strange luck I ended up with a first dose vaccine. I'm considered part of the group (not smoker) but felt conflicted yet took the opportunity. I would not look negatively on anyone who did similarly. We also have to consider that they can't precisely calculate everything. They have to thaw and constitute a certain amount of material. I'd rather them use it up on anyone than dump it so that only certain folks get it as that would be counter productive.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife got her mom and uncle an appointment at Rite Aid this past Saturday for the first shot. And she got my parents appointments for this upcoming Friday at another rite aid. She said there are a few Facebook groups specific to NJ which are people helping other people get appointments. They have tips, post links, and even help some other older people who are having a rough time with it. Pretty nice to see.

JPark

I work with a few people who passed on their early access to moderna/pfizer to wait for J&J. I wonder what their thoughts are now.
My in-laws are in this camp.
If they signed up for the available vaccines, they would have their 2nd dose well before they could get the J&J shot.
They're retired J&J employees. Good Company Man I guess.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Everyone I know who's been vaccinated so far is not eligible yet. Even my wife has an appointment today. Meanwhile my boss's brother, who is a nurse, hasn't gotten his first round yet. The whole system is fucking rigged.
PA doesn’t have a central place to register with the state, you have to register with EACH place that has it. Like how the old people going to get this done. My wife was able to get it for her mom, her dad and her self in a week (she is in a category) and me the following week. I am going to say she invested 16 hours into searching.
If you want to drive to the middle of PA, there are tons of appointments available.

Reactions: don

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I don't really care when I get it. I log into the CVS up the street every morning to see when I can go. That's about the effort I'm willing to put out. The manager at our shop has probably spent the same kinda hours as your wife hunting for appointments.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Everyone I know who's been vaccinated so far is not eligible yet. Even my wife has an appointment today. Meanwhile my boss's brother, who is a nurse, hasn't gotten his first round yet. The whole system is fucking rigged.

That’s because all your friends are criminals?

Asking for a friend.

bergsnj

Is it unethical to get the vaccine before your “group” is up?
yes, considering the disease is 99.9% survivable for most people. If you have some other condition that makes you vulnerable then I could understand it. But with the lack of supply today I think only the elderly and vulnerable should be getting it.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
yes, considering the disease is 99.9% survivable for most people. If you have some other condition that makes you vulnerable then I could understand it. But with the lack of supply today I think only the elderly and vulnerable should be getting it.
All of the elderly I know, including friends, have gotten it or are scheduled. I think it is beyond the scope to just pick up random elderly and take them.

JerseyPete

A buddy of mine brought his dad to get it, the person there also gave it to my buddy(he’s 52). They said they had a lot of no shows on the day, if that is the case, I have no problem with it.
I agree and have been hearing of this more and more. They can't have a "standby line" because that would probably be longer than the scheduled line.

w_b

I read that the Edison Convention Center, while not only having 3+ hour lines for people who actually have appointments, is also the latest Middlesex County Superspreader Event.

So they got that going for them.... Go for the vaccine, stay for the actual virus.

Top Bottom