This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

My forecast for tomorrow is that NJ will go into "Stay at Home/self isolate" guidance tomorrow.

I thought we were supposed to be there already.

@jShort apparently the number of people tested in NJ is embarrassingly low.

Actually I found it:

Too lazy to click? Here & here:

Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 10.12.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 10.16.25 PM.png

Honestly that is beyond an embarrassingly small number of people tested.

Just got notice that we are considered "critical infrastructure" so regardless of Murphy, back to work suckers. Of course all of the top dogs are working from home "to keep everyone safe". Nice.

I thought we were supposed to be there already.

@jShort apparently the number of people tested in NJ is embarrassingly low.

Actually I found it:

Too lazy to click? Here & here:

View attachment 122230 View attachment 122231

Honestly that is beyond an embarrassingly small number of people tested.

Bad data. The website said the negative tests dropped out after 3/16. National average is ~ 90% negative

Just got notice that we are considered "critical infrastructure" so regardless of Murphy, back to work suckers. Of course all of the top dogs are working from home "to keep everyone safe". Nice.

I'm propping this site up one shit post at a time, someone needs to boost ad revenue so norm can buy toothpaste this week

Bad data. The website said the negative tests dropped out after 3/16. National average is ~ 90% negative

That’s too easy to just say “bad data” like that. Every other state has reasonable data so why is NJ bad?

I think you’re misunderstanding my point anyway.

That’s too easy to just say “bad data” like that. Every other state has reasonable data so why is NJ bad?

I think you’re misunderstanding my point anyway.

Just repeating what has been on this website for days. NJ stopped counting negative tests, so the total number of tests is wrong. I've been following this site for about 10 days now

https://covidtracking.com/

I can’t imagine why the state would do that but then I’d add it to the long list of stupid shit this state does I guess.

I disagree negative test can go positive negatives are opportunities not fulfilled yet.

someone get a negative then is tested later when admitted into the hospital is positive should they count twice?

So rick, what are you saying is 90% negative, because the way it is tested is tiered. Influenza A and influenza B. if that is negative then a multiplex PCR is given. If that is negative then we test for SARS-CoV-2. This allows us to target testing to those at highest risk for COVID-19. It would make sense to not count the "negatives" if they aren't even getting to the point of being tested for SARS-COV-2.

Last edited:
So rick, what are you saying is 90% negative, because the way it is tested is tiered. Influenza A and influenza B. if that is negative then a multiplex PCR is given. If that is negative then we test for SARS-CoV-2. This allows us to target testing to those at highest risk for COVID-19. It would make sense to not count the "negatives" if they aren't even getting to the point of being tested for SARS-COV-2.

@The_Mountainside_Menace

This will cause @rick81721 head to explode.

and just so we understand each other, rick, the poster is a highly qualified medical professional with an advanced degree and a great rder and friend.

Back
Top Bottom