This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

While he is not. Any person who is working at a grocery store is going to be deemed essential employees and will still be able to deliver food.

READ THESE NOW

I read that earlier, I think it was on facebook. Assuming its true, can someone more science minded than myself address my questions on this part especially the bold.

"This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it."

If we get it and recover, is this bold part no longer the case?

I mean initially it's an animal virus and a complete unknown to our body, but after hitting us is it now a "human virus"? What I mean is, since our body has fought it, and now seen it, does our body theoretically adapt to recognize it and mount a better defense if/when the next adapted strain of this thing hits us?

I'm thinking more along the lines of after this subsides, assuming it becomes the type of virus that shows itself annually or every few years with a different twist. Will our bodies be better prepared having seen the first wave. And maybe it would be less likely to spread like wildfire as it seemingly does now?

I know no one can answer this stuff concretely as it's all unknown, but there seem to be people on here that know a lot more than myself when it comes to science.

I read that earlier, I think it was on facebook. Assuming its true, can someone more science minded than myself address my questions on this part especially the bold.

"This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it."

If we get it and recover, is this bold part no longer the case?

I mean initially it's an animal virus and a complete unknown to our body, but after hitting us is it now a "human virus"? What I mean is, since our body has fought it, and now seen it, does our body theoretically adapt to recognize it and mount a better defense if/when the next adapted strain of this thing hits us?

I'm thinking more along the lines of after this subsides, assuming it becomes the type of virus that shows itself annually or every few years with a different twist. Will our bodies be better prepared having seen the first wave. And maybe it would be less likely to spread like wildfire as it seemingly does now?

I know no one can answer this stuff concretely as it's all unknown, but there seem to be people on here that know a lot more than myself when it comes to science.

Yes many new viruses start in animals and leap to humans. This is no different. People will gain immunity. As many as 50% who get infected will fight it off with their immune system and not even have symptoms. Some antiviral medications are showing promise to lessen the severity and duration. When a vaccine is available it will be provide further protection.

I havent caught up with this thread yet today, so apologies if this has been posted already, but I found this to be pretty informative

Haven't been out in a couple of days but there seems to be about avg amounts of cars on the road... So much for staying home.

Back
Top Bottom