This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

The one analyst I have gotten out of this thread is who I want to strap a weapon on and take to the mountain top during a real crisis. Procreation for the new world needs logical thinking not fear and loathing :)
Mostly dudes here so not sure how that whole procreation thing is gonna work for you. Haha.

Fully understood.

I debated even posting that. Maybe I shouldn't have. I am not advocating unnecessary death. My strategy would be to isolate those at an increased risk of death from those that aren't

For example, I am 37, pretty active, and in good health. I have very little chance of developing a severe case. I could go to work on a daily basis and even if I get sick it wouldn't pose an undue burden on me or the system. Someone in their 60s or with a compromised immune system might have a very different outcome. Is it unreasonable to think we could effectively isolate those people, with full support, while low risk individuals carry on?

I guess it's just a different way to skin the cat and potentially get a good outcome. Again, I'm not advocating we just let a million or two people die. Not at all.

I'm gonna check out for a while. I'm not trying to stir this up.

They are now reporting that 40% of hospitalizations are people under 65. If you can't see that link.

Reactions: Tim
my personal opinion....this is not blowing up in all of the places at once....Yes NY has the most cases and the most load on the hospitals, but new mexico does not, nor montana, etc.....I can see certain hospitals getting overwhelmed, but many others not...and since this is not something that kills you in 1 day, I think patients who need hospitalization will be able to be moved around to distribute the load onto less busy hospitals.

I worked remotely prior to this craziness, and my job/company has not been impacted at all. Why would I get $1000? My wife is still going to work, why would she get $1000? People that have jobs that cannot be done remotely and are currently unemployed should be the ones getting money. Giving someone that's a bartender or waitstaff or something that is currently unemployed $1000 isn't gonna do very much. They should get more and I should get none/less.

my personal opinion....this is not blowing up in all of the places at once....Yes NY has the most cases and the most load on the hospitals, but new mexico does not, nor montana, etc.....I can see certain hospitals getting overwhelmed, but many others not...and since this is not something that kills you in 1 day, I think patients who need hospitalization will be able to be moved around to distribute the load onto less busy hospitals.

But places like Montana have like 3 beds in a hospital. Not extremely comforting.

I worked remotely prior to this craziness, and my job/company has not been impacted at all. Why would I get $1000? My wife is still going to work, why would she get $1000? People that have jobs that cannot be done remotely and are currently unemployed should be the ones getting money. Giving someone that's a bartender or waitstaff or something that is currently unemployed $1000 isn't gonna do very much.

it is a couple weeks pay for many people.
They should also be collecting unemployment.
sick people collect disability in nj after 5 consecutive days.

I worked remotely prior to this craziness, and my job/company has not been impacted at all. Why would I get $1000? My wife is still going to work, why would she get $1000? People that have jobs that cannot be done remotely and are currently unemployed should be the ones getting money. Giving someone that's a bartender or waitstaff or something that is currently unemployed $1000 isn't gonna do very much. They should get more and I should get none/less.
My guess is to stimulate the economy to save the stock market.

Same here. My wife is a teacher and I work for Monmouth County, we're on the teet.
While I would love $2000, I do realize that the money comes from somewhere, and think it would be best to only give to those that really need it. Giving away money only devalues it. Be careful.

The one analyst I have gotten out of this thread is who I want to strap a weapon on and take to the mountain top during a real crisis. Procreation for the new world needs logical thinking not fear and loathing :)
If I’m invited can I bring my Koi fish?

Back
Top Bottom