This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Except bullets don't fall and land everywhere and still have the ability to kill or injure you for 2-3 days after firing.

Up until the mid-20th century, that’s exactly how bullets and other projectiles killed you. Slowly, through infection, 2-3 days after firing. Battlefield accounts of the Revolutionary and Civil wars were horrendous. It wasn’t until we developed good guns that kill you quick, and antibiotics, that things changed.

Up until the mid-20th century, that’s exactly how bullets and other projectiles killed you. Slowly, through infection, 2-3 days after firing. Battlefield accounts of the Revolutionary and Civil wars were horrendous. It wasn’t until we developed good guns that kill you quick, and antibiotics, that things changed.

Someone's been binging Pawn Stars on Netflix.

All anyone has to do is watch this thread to realize it is going to be a long month. Go play board games or something.

we are playing internet tennis :D
whose server?

i'm actually going back outside to try to pull the flywheel off my tractor.
What can i get from mouse poop? hantavirus ? bleeding from the eyeballs in no time.

it is allergy season - people are in a panic. I'm glad people are getting good news, even if frightened for a few days.

The confirmed-cases, and trajectory are clear.
Yes it is empirical, we aren't exposing people in a controlled environment to lock-in the exact rates.
Does it matter what the exact number is?

New cases per day, not total cases in this graph.
At a quick glance, I believe many miss that point.

View attachment 121876

Because the tests actually have been taking four days, isn't this actually the number of cases from March 12? I'm not that good at so called math.

Because the tests actually have been taking four days, isn't this actually the number of cases from March 12? I'm not that good at so called math.

does it matter? it just shifts the data over.
they could use test date, or results date - as long as consistent, it would be the same curve.

I just got off a 2.5 hour conference call with the client's Chief Accounting Officer, Controller, Director of Financial Reporting (long winded idiot, my least favorite kind) and the Finance staff. For the last two hours of the meeting, we discussed a technical accounting memo (I don't know what that is, either, but they pay me to write them.)

Over the last five months, my conservative estimate is that I have billed my client 160 hours at my normal billing rate of $1/hour to work on this specific memo. Two hours into the call, I said "I accept no responsibility for this memo." The CAO cracked up and immediately alluded to tRump's deranged (syndromatic) comment that he accepted no responsibility for...

Of course, he is the guy who pays me the $1 an hour, so it kinda worked out.

Zero tolerance. Iron fist. If we get to discuss it IRL...
Rick and $hillary IMG_20161014_120915.jpg

ever.

Thanks for fucking up my retirement.

I just got off a 2.5 hour conference call with the client's Chief Accounting Officer, Controller, Director of Financial Reporting (long winded idiot, my least favorite kind) and the Finance staff. For the last two hours of the meeting, we discussed a technical accounting memo (I don't know what that is, either, but they pay me to write them.)

Over the last five months, my conservative estimate is that I have billed my client 160 hours at my normal billing rate of $1/hour to work on this specific memo. Two hours into the call, I said "I accept no responsibility for this memo." The CAO cracked up and immediately alluded to tRump's deranged (syndromatic) comment that he accepted no responsibility for...

Of course, he is the guy who pays me the $1 an hour, so it kinda worked out.

Zero tolerance. Iron fist. If we get to discuss it IRL...
View attachment 121886

ever.

Thanks for fucking up my retirement.

i get prostrate ads when you two post.

does it matter?

Yes it does. Same theory as eating a hamburger and not being full until 4 days later. We have been in self-quarantine since Friday. I understand a lot of people have not, but a good number have. So we would expect the number of cases to slow down in X days. I don't know what X is, but we are now looking at X+4 I suppose. If you say it takes 6 days to manifest itself, we are now at 10 days before we can see a change in the growth in cases.

This is too long for our society. We'll be burning shit down soon.

Yes it does. Same theory as eating a hamburger and not being full until 4 days later. We have been in self-quarantine since Friday. I understand a lot of people have not, but a good number have. So we would expect the number of cases to slow down in X days. I don't know what X is, but we are now looking at X+4 I suppose. If you say it takes 6 days to manifest itself, we are now at 10 days before we can see a change in the growth in cases.

This is too long for our society. We'll be burning shit down soon.

it changes expectations not reality.
i see your point tho - gear everyone up for two weeks, but it doesn't start paying off until 3.
They'll claim #BS and get right back to it.

Swung through home depot - needed a battery for the thermometer (i know....) and some bolts (see smile thread)- they were limiting the people in the store to 50!
I put everything on the counter, bar code up, and the kid still touched them. wtf.

i was in wegmans, foraging for food. it was not crowded. lots of brisket left - i'm going to try to make brisket sausage.
there were a couple of beef tenderloins ($60 - which isn't bad for filet mignon) and some duck breast, and salt pork.
plenty of bacon. They have a can limit, and frozen food limit - which is fine. i purchased peas, and canned mandarin oranges (no relation).
There is also that salted cod that doesn't need refrigeration. i may stock up on that. Couple of virginia hams might be a good idea too.

Anyway, the point was, almost everyone was good with waiting, not reaching around anyone. civil.
There were two people in the store that went through every gap between people waiting,
squeezing through people getting things off a shelf. They must have come through where i was 3x each.
You are right - Society just can't do it. I blame the parents.

it would be nice to see something positive come out of this. Some common ground. I always figured it would
take aliens to unite the world. These might be little buggers, but they are taking a toll.

Anybody have their kids doing a diary? Someday their grandkids might want to hear how they lived through this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom