This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

rick81721

Lothar
Things must be getting back to normal. I just received an email from Ticketmaster that the tickets I bought for me and my son for when he was a Sophomore will now be rescheduled for 4 months after his graduation.

Yay - wifey has agreed to go to a metal concert this year since I took her to her fave (not mine) rolling stones in 2019.

MMuller

Truly believe teens and 20s are driving force of the pandemic. Just look at stats, surge started in September. For some reason it was put out there early on that it didn't really affect them. But they are the silent spreaders, especially now that they remain mostly unvaccinated. I know some colleges are making vaccines mandatory, just like meningitis, etc. I teach at Monmouth university and hope they adopt too. Let's just hope the vaccine is truly the answer. We're all lab rats.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Are many of you getting your teenagers vaccinated? I wonder what schools will require vs testing.

My kid's College is requiring it.

---
Jabbed at 11:34. So 45 minute queue
Sitting in the holding tank

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My kid's College is requiring it.

---
Jabbed at 11:34. So 45 minute queue
Sitting in the holding tank

double check me on this if you want, but i dont believe it can be (legally) required until the vaccine receives full approval, not this emergency approval that they are operating with now. (or maybe they got final approval and i missed it) at least that is what they were telling us from work when people were asking if the vaccine was mandatory.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
double check me on this if you want, but i dont believe it can be (legally) required until the vaccine receives full approval, not this emergency approval that they are operating with now. (or maybe they got final approval and i missed it) at least that is what they were telling us from work when people were asking if the vaccine was mandatory.

They can revoke your admission.
Union and right to work rules do not apply.
Private school, not public also

rick81721

Lothar

that's legally true but no one seems to be challenging it yet. Rutgers requires it for the fall term - our son is done and ready (J&J).

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are many of you getting your teenagers vaccinated? I wonder what schools will require vs testing.
Yeah, I put my 16yr olds name on the list for Morris Megasite a few weeks ago, in hopes he’ll be at the front of the que when they open it up on Apr 19th.
Hopefully they add 12yr olds by June or July too, then we’re all set.

Top Bottom