This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Many of the "loopholes" are part of waste prevention strategies - if they defrost 100 doses and only use 75 on "eligible appointments" that actually show up then the next best thing from a public health perspective is to put those extra 25 doses in a human arm. Any arm. Otherwise, they go in the trash and nobody wins on that. In Louisiana there is actually a box to check on the eligibility questionnaire that is "Waste Prevention" and that puts you in the line for the invariable extras. In California, it's a first come-first served approach as a "waitlist" lineup outside vaccine facilities. At the end of the day, they come out and call in as many extra people as there are extra doses. I heard in NY there is an app you can sign up for that will give you "last minute" same-day appointments if you can get there. Likely to cover no-shows.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That wasn't possible down here. Age is a full stop - there was pre-registration with the state and county, but scheduling appointments wasn't possible until your age group was up. Only exception was comorbidities but that required written documentation from your doctor.
Which is fine if there was no slack in the system

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker

What are you talking about? We're doing fine. 8th in doses used, 8th in given 1 shot and 10th in fully vaccinated.
Right, the bastion of reliability that is the NYT. Lets assume their data is correct, there sure are a lot of old, fat, and sick people here in NJ that only now we're getting up to healthy people that are 55+. I also love reading all the justifications in this thread. Kind of like justifying pushing all the women and children out of the way as you sprint for the lifeboat.

roc

I tend to agree with this. The people lying to get it are the same people going out to eat & party, which continue to be 2 of the bigger reasons the virus rate has stopped going down. To those that disagree with it, I understand why you do. And while I see the merit in more people getting vaccinated, I don't condone lying/cheating/stealing. Keep in mind these same people who lie to get it will tend to be the same people who cheat on their taxes, lie at work, steal from others, cur in line, chew with their mouths open, and so on. So, you can make an argument that they should all be shipped to an island and left to fight each other for the limited food supply.

That said, I did not lie to get it. And I frankly DNGAF if people think I should or should not have gotten it.
I take offense, I chewed with my mouth open, but wouldn’t steal, lie or cheat. i don’t think its fair that you grouped me in with them!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How could there be "slack in the system" when demand far outstripped supply?

i suspect that twofers is more important than a vaccine. Unless they combine it, 4pm 2fer special include snacks and vax, live music, 15 minutes minimum.

my statement stands on its own. I have no other explanation why I was called, other than some random trial.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Right, the bastion of reliability that is the NYT. Lets assume their data is correct, there sure are a lot of old, fat, and sick people here in NJ that only now we're getting up to healthy people that are 55+. I also love reading all the justifications in this thread. Kind of like justifying pushing all the women and children out of the way as you sprint for the lifeboat.

Why are you so god-awfully angry?

thegock

NJ is behind almost the entire country, even NY allows those over 30 at this point. In NJ,

Vaccines Administered

We all understand that u are far too important and intelligent to do background research to support your brilliant opinions, so I checked the CDC.gov for u and am leaving the link above, which is prolly the basis for the NYT article. The only states ahead of NJ are the New England states and the Dakotas, from a quick look at the map on the CDC site.

those over 55 are eligible on April 5th, way to go governor Dracula.

We can post about politics now? Better than tRUMP.

They ship something like 1.7-5M doses a week nationally,

Ur math is deficient or ur information is dated. The current vaccination rate is nearly 3MM/day. Do you want me to Google that for u too?

HEAD SHOTIMG_20200419_220921-01.jpg

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Vaccines Administered

We all understand that u are far too important and intelligent to do background research to support your brilliant opinions, so I checked the CDC.gov for u and am leaving the link above, which is prolly the basis for the NYT article. The only states ahead of NJ are the New England states and the Dakotas, from a quick look at the map on the CDC site.

We can post about politics now? Better than tRUMP.

Ur math is deficient or ur information is dated. The current vaccination rate is nearly 3MM/day. Do you want me to Google that for u too?

View attachment 154983
Oh sure go ahead and search away on Google University professor. Watching the ensuing circle-jerk is the all too predictable outcome.
Except for vaccinating the most vulnerable (65+), not as good as many other states:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
Kind of hard to do that when everyone else is jumping the line with their “pre-existing” conditions.

mfennell

That's the 7 day average. Nearly broke 4MM yesterday!

Except for vaccinating the most vulnerable (65+), not as good as many other states:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

73.4% (NJ) vs 76.7% (FL) hardly seems like a massive failure, especially given that NJ leads 1st dose (34.9 vs 29) and fully vaccinated (20.2 vs 16.7) by healthy margins. Despite all the wailing about line cutters, everyone I know who got a vaccine was legit. Pilots, first responders, heart conditions, cancer survivors, etc. Maybe I know fewer selfish a-holes than you guys do!

rick81721

Lothar
73.4% (NJ) vs 76.7% (FL) hardly seems like a massive failure, especially given that NJ leads 1st dose (34.9 vs 29) and fully vaccinated (20.2 vs 16.7) by healthy margins. Despite all the wailing about line cutters, everyone I know who got a vaccine was legit. Pilots, first responders, heart conditions, cancer survivors, etc. Maybe I know fewer selfish a-holes than you guys do!
Who said it was a massive failure? Just pointed out FL has vaccinated a higher % of the most vulnerable than NJ, which makes sense as that was the priority here.

JerseyPete

1st shot Thursday at lunch. Nothing to note about it through out the day. Night started to get that flu feeling. Friday had a fever 101.5 and chills along with body aches. Slept Friday night from 6:30PM to Saturday morning 9:30 and probably could have slept more. Woke up feeling recovered and pretty good.

Uncomfortable, yes but not as horrible as when I actually had Covid. If you are eligible, get it.

Top Bottom