This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

NJ is behind almost the entire country, even NY allows those over 30 at this point. In NJ, those over 55 are eligible on April 5th, way to go governor Dracula. They ship something like 1.7-5M doses a week nationally, I don’t know what NJ’s allocation is. All I know is the scheduling system sucks, there are old people that haven’t been vaccinated yet, and just about everyone I know over 25 seems to have been because they lied their asses of with some preexisting condition or they “knew” a Pharmacist or someone that works in the old folks home.

FL starts 16 and up on monday. We did a great job with 65+, now over 75% have at least one dose. And the infection rate among that age group has crashed. 67% of new cases are age 0 - 44.

One thing I have noticed when I was getting my 1st shot.... no effort was made to verify if they met any of the above
Same here. Didn't ask for insurance either as their webpage suggested. Just a driver license. There were very few people there and I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, with 15 being the wait for any reaction. If it weren't the need for spacing people apart for that wait, they could do more.

I honestly don't see a problem with people lying to get it early. Those are the people that are spreading it more freely anyway, so them getting the shot probably does more for community protection as a whole.

I honestly don't see a problem with people lying to get it early. Those are the people that are spreading it more freely anyway, so them getting the shot probably does more for community protection as a whole.

interesting perspective.
---
i was thinking about it a bit more - since i got my first shot last month, i'm under 60, and didn't list any problems.
my appt was on a friday, first available was 11:00, on short notice (i think it was wednesday when they made it available.)
and friday was the only day available.

I registered very early - so now i'm thinking i was just next in line to fill slots ??? or use up the vaccine for the week?

2nd shot next friday.

interesting perspective.
---
i was thinking about it a bit more - since i got my first shot last month, i'm under 60, and didn't list any problems.
my appt was on a friday, first available was 11:00, on short notice (i think it was wednesday when they made it available.)
and friday was the only day available.

I registered very early - so now i'm thinking i was just next in line to fill slots ??? or use up the vaccine for the week?

2nd shot next friday.
I got on line for the vaccine and the cop was like... sir... you cant smoke here

I just wish people would stop trying to make me feel guilty for getting them, I simply followed the rules and was told I was eligible so I got them.

I haven't necessarily been guilt tripped but I have been questioned by a few self-righteous individuals. I filled out the registration form pretty early on but I did not lie. I waited to schedule an appointment until I got the email telling me I was eligible. I'm honestly not sure why I was eligible as early as I was. Could have been my hypertension or the fact that I don't have the ability to work from home or a maybe it was a combination of the two. It doesn't really matter. I got my official email from the state giving me the green light. When I questioned said individuals about whether or not they had even registered yet they answered no. Turns out they were the ones deciding they weren't' eligible. I think @Patrick is right. At some point you are simply the next one in line so you get a shot. You can't feel bad about it when there are people not even trying.

Based on what? To me, lying to get it before more vulnerable people that really need it is selfish and disgraceful.
I know replying to you is a pointless endeavor, but here goes:

I get what you're saying about it being selfish and disgraceful, I really do. And I think there are pros and cons to the way the vaccine rollout could/could've gone. What we did is give it to the most vulnerable population first and slowly roll it out to the population that is doing the majority of the spreading. It protects the vulnerable right away, and that's great. What we could've done is roll it out to the population doing the most spreading to try and stop the spread first, which would also inherently protect the vulnerable and slow the spread much faster. Might also have slowed hospital admissions faster.
Which way is the right approach? Who knows.

I haven't necessarily been guilt tripped but I have been questioned by a few self-righteous individuals. I filled out the registration form pretty early on but I did not lie. I waited to schedule an appointment until I got the email telling me I was eligible. I'm honestly not sure why I was eligible as early as I was. Could have been my hypertension or the fact that I don't have the ability to work from home or a maybe it was a combination of the two. It doesn't really matter. I got my official email from the state giving me the green light. When I questioned said individuals about whether or not they had even registered yet they answered no. Turns out they were the ones deciding they weren't' eligible. I think @Patrick is right. At some point you are simply the next one in line so you get a shot. You can't feel bad about it when there are people not even trying.
I kinda think the state is not trying very hard.
There are surprising amount of ppl who are still computer illiterate who do not know how to access the vaccine.

I know replying to you is a pointless endeavor, but here goes:

I get what you're saying about it being selfish and disgraceful, I really do. And I think there are pros and cons to the way the vaccine rollout could/could've gone. What we did is give it to the most vulnerable population first and slowly roll it out to the population that is doing the majority of the spreading. It protects the vulnerable right away, and that's great. What we could've done is roll it out to the population doing the most spreading to try and stop the spread first, which would also inherently protect the vulnerable and slow the spread much faster. Might also have slowed hospital admissions faster.
Which way is the right approach? Who knows.

I think protecting the most vulnerable first was the right call. Some states did a better job at that then others but we are all getting there.

I tend to agree with this. The people lying to get it are the same people going out to eat & party, which continue to be 2 of the bigger reasons the virus rate has stopped going down. To those that disagree with it, I understand why you do. And while I see the merit in more people getting vaccinated, I don't condone lying/cheating/stealing. Keep in mind these same people who lie to get it will tend to be the same people who cheat on their taxes, lie at work, steal from others, cur in line, chew with their mouths open, and so on. So, you can make an argument that they should all be shipped to an island and left to fight each other for the limited food supply.

That said, I did not lie to get it. And I frankly DNGAF if people think I should or should not have gotten it.

I think protecting the most vulnerable first was the right call. Some states did a better job at that then others but we are all getting there.
I have no arguments against that. I don't know that there's any research saying one approach would work better than the other. But I'm not gonna judge the outlier's who are either lying to get in early or taking advantage of a system that made them eligible without meeting the actual criteria. Ultimately a shot in anyone's arm will help overall.

I tend to agree with this. The people lying to get it are the same people going out to eat & party, which continue to be 2 of the bigger reasons the virus rate has stopped going down. To those that disagree with it, I understand why you do. And while I see the merit in more people getting vaccinated, I don't condone lying/cheating/stealing. Keep in mind these same people who lie to get it will tend to be the same people who cheat on their taxes, lie at work, steal from others, cur in line, chew with their mouths open, and so on. So, you can make an argument that they should all be shipped to an island and left to fight each other for the limited food supply.

That said, I did not lie to get it. And I frankly DNGAF if people think I should or should not have gotten it.
I feel those people you're describing ultimately lead a miserable existence anyway. At least seeing it that way helps me ignore them. Let them have their small victories, in the end they are likely still losing at life.

That wasn't possible down here. Age is a full stop - there was pre-registration with the state and county, but scheduling appointments wasn't possible until your age group was up. Only exception was comorbidities but that required written documentation from your doctor.

Back
Top Bottom