This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

rustynuts

Most of you guys are probably too young to remember the polio mass vaccinations in the early 1960s. Well old man @thegock probably got the salk killed virus injection! Somehow I still remember (must have been 5 years old) walking with my brothers and sister to our local elementary school where they had tables in the playground covered with rows of little dixie cups, one sugar cube loaded with the sabin attenuated virus vaccine in each cup. Ate the sugar cube and done. Local vaccination sites is the way to do covid as well - we are starting to roll it out in Publix pharmacies down here.
My Dad told me this story to me when my neighbor asked if my Dad was going to receive the vaccine. He remembered his friends who had polio and still have a limp to this day or others who were way worse off.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Most of you guys are probably too young to remember the polio mass vaccinations in the early 1960s. Well old man @thegock probably got the salk killed virus injection! Somehow I still remember (must have been 5 years old) walking with my brothers and sister to our local elementary school where they had tables in the playground covered with rows of little dixie cups, one sugar cube loaded with the sabin attenuated virus vaccine in each cup. Ate the sugar cube and done. Local vaccination sites is the way to do covid as well - we are starting to roll it out in Publix pharmacies down here.

i remember a "shot" in 4th grade - so maybe '72/'73 - it was administered with a jet injector rather than a needle.
only time i can ever remember seeing or hearing about it - i had to look up the name.

serious production line. wipe, next, wipe, next, wipe...

timeline might sync-up with London Flu?

the goog says they stopped using them in 2003.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I know our risk is minimal so we will wait our turn. I couldn't in good conscience get the vaccine before all the 65+ people in FL who want it have their chance.

well your gonna be waiting a while since 85% of the states population is ahead of you

rick81721

Lothar
i remember a "shot" in 4th grade - so maybe '72/'73 - it was administered with a jet injector rather than a needle.
only time i can ever remember seeing or hearing about it - i had to look up the name.

serious production line. wipe, next, wipe, next, wipe...

timeline might sync-up with London Flu?

the goog says they stopped using them in 2003.

Yeah that was probably a flu vaccine - sounds familiar, I would have been in Jr high school.

rick81721

Lothar
well your gonna be waiting a while since 85% of the states population is ahead of you

Ha actually there are 4.3 million 65+ down here. They are close to 1 mill of those vaccinated now, I'm assuming another 25% won't get it so that leaves ~2 million more to go before they go to the next group.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
J&J vaccine not as effective as Pfizer or Moderna, but good enough. Wonder how many will want the better ones and pass on J&J when this becomes available end of Feb?

https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson...nterim-analysis-of-its-phase-3-ensemble-trial

if tight on supplies - wonder if the least at-risk should go with J&J ?
or the other way ?

- getting sick is one thing, landing in the hospital because of it is something else. looks like it is good enough to stop the latter.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

rick81721

Lothar
if tight on supplies - wonder if the least at-risk should go with J&J ?
or the other way ?

- getting sick is one thing, landing in the hospital because of it is something else. looks like it is good enough to stop the latter.

With huge demand and still limited supply, my guess is states will get allocations of J&J along with the other two and just give it out following the same prioritization. You won't have a choice - take whatever they have or go back to the end of the line.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Anybody know anything about Covid Toes? Apparently it's a thing. My son texted that his toes looked red and bruised for no reason. No pain or anything. He went to Student Health Center and they told him it's Covid Toes. Can happen a month or two after having Covid. No test of any kind was given. They just told him to put Hydrocortisone cream on it and it should go away.

My wife isn't buying it. She's a bit Covid paranoid. The red toes can be an early symptom of Leukemia which sends her into a slight panic thanks to me.

rick81721

Lothar
Anybody know anything about Covid Toes? Apparently it's a thing. My son texted that his toes looked red and bruised for no reason. No pain or anything. He went to Student Health Center and they told him it's Covid Toes. Can happen a month or two after having Covid. No test of any kind was given. They just told him to put Hydrocortisone cream on it and it should go away.

My wife isn't buying it. She's a bit Covid paranoid. The red toes can be an early symptom of Leukemia which sends her into a slight panic thanks to me.

Google (and the American Academy of Dermatology) says yes

covid-toes-swollen.png

https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/coronavirus/covid-toes#_

Top Bottom