This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Nope no idea. Other than there's about 90 million over age 60. Pfizer’s vaccine requires lower storage Temps than Moderna's, and lasts 5 days after thawing vs 30 for Moderna. J&J vaccine is one shot - don't know storage conditions for that one.
Moderna will likely clean Pfizers clock simply because they will be able to get their vaccine into distribution faster, cold-chain shipping and distribution exists for their product, not so much for Pfizer. Their clinical study protocol is better, their finished product more robust. Caveat, let’s see what the FDA says about both, would love to look at their module 3 to see the CMC and stability data. JNJ just started recruiting, they expect LPLV by March, gave a 1yr total timeline from last week. They’re using a completely different technology, a genetically engineered Adenovirus to deliver the genetic material that will serve as the antigen.

You’d be surprised how well refrigerated supply chains are set up. I think the hardest places for storage would be more rural areas, but there’s a lot of infrastructure there.
I hear ya, but I'll believe it if/when this works.

As someone who has spent way too much time in a hospital, I am well aware of the mistakes in protocol that can happen once humans are involved.

It’s been reported multiple times over that last 2 months that healthcare workers and the elderly would get vaccinated first

then healthcare then hopefully teachers.

f that, teachers first.

Children are the least vulnerable population.

Rick gets jokes.

So that said, you could argue that the university population is the epicenter of the virus spreading right now. Well, let's say the 15-25 year old demographic.

(I looked it up, it's 20-29 year olds that are highest infection now)

i think i'll watch Cocoon tonight.

Has @Pearl seen it?
-----

I would think that any good distribution plan would include a portion for "breakage"
the idea would be to not come up short - no doubt there will be some sort of mobile unit
for those who can't travel. Group living would seem to lend itself to efficient distribution.
after a bit of a learning curve, I'd hope they'd get really good at the logistics.

There are so many stores, restaurants, and attractions that are mobbed right now. Doesn't take a genius to see why it's spreading like wildfire.

Rick gets jokes.

So that said, you could argue that the university population is the epicenter of the virus spreading right now. Well, let's say the 15-25 year old demographic.

(I looked it up, it's 20-29 year olds that are highest infection now)

The goal is to protect the most vulnerable first.

So I guess malaria would keep going if all the mosquitoes died. TIL.

Ha no the issue with your idea is that the 20-29 represents about 20% of the new cases right now (and I think about 10% younger than 20), so that still leaves 70% of an older population getting infected, and dying at a much higher rate. FYI ages 0 to 29 account for about 1% of total deaths. So to your analogy, would malaria keep going if you killed off 20% of mosquitos?

Back
Top Bottom