This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Convinced my wife to dine out for dinner for the first time in what seems like forever. Selling point was that our son works at the restaurant so he'll be our waiter. Everyone else better keep the F away from her. Just a little panicked.

I don't think that I used an explanation point, but is that what you think my tone is?

Important question for you: Do you and your wife feel comfortable returning to Florida next week?

Just me going, wife staying here. Yes, not worried, our area isn't bad. Mostly southeast FL and Orlando area. Biggest concern is sitting on a plane

Or 67.

Or 68.

Can't go by worldometer, they comingle days. FL DOH reports actual numbers every day.

What is crazy is just how wide-spread peoples’ actions are — you name it, by country, locale, class, etc. And I think that is reflected in the age range of the new infection-driven numbers. You’ve got some people that go all in — they’re wearing gloves and masks, and don’t leave their house unless it’s absolutely necessary. Then there’s all the others that don’t care and do whatever they want. This disparity cannot possibly contain anything, if that is the intended course of action.

Meanwhile, we’ve been enjoying our Covid-life. We go out for groceries and socially distanced immediate family activities. I ride solo so that’s good too. And generally erring on the side of caution, we follow the recommended precautions. Like today, we felt like ice cream for this sunny 4th of July, so we made it at home. When I went on a ride today I wore my tube mask around my neck. Lots of encounters on the way so I just left it up. Guess what, I was in more danger from my own bad breath that asphyxiating from the mask.

I keep seeing comments like F masks and if you are uncomfortable, stay the F home.
Are we still not understanding that masks are to protect others from you? YOU stay the F home and we will feel a lot better!

Just me going, wife staying here. Yes, not worried, our area isn't bad. Mostly southeast FL and Orlando area. Biggest concern is sitting on a plane
What was it? 7 or 14 day self quarantine for ppl from FL entering NJ?
How are they going to enforce this? Is your AC worth this "risk"? I say "risk" as not being able to be with your family for 1 or whatever weeks they are mandating.
Now that I think about it... can I join you on your trip to FL? ?

How are they going to enforce this? Is your AC worth this "risk"? I say "risk" as not being able to be with your family for 1 or whatever weeks they are mandating.

I think your supposed to quarantine in your home. No family time lost there

No really, never saw the show. Asked my wife what it was all about hence the joke...

i am recommending the movie - it does an ok job.
it isn't as good as soylent green, but then again, it didn't have the cast.

Saint Clares Health here in Denville discharged their last Covid19 patient June 30 and had no incoming cases cases as of that date.
I don’t know how many cases they processed overall though.

Anyone have information on the accuracy of the antibody test?
Not sure if true... but heard that 1/3 of the tests will give false negative.

Anyone have information on the accuracy of the antibody test?
Not sure if true... but heard that 1/3 of the tests will give false negative.

Go to Labcorp. 10 bucks:

Quest only uses a SARS-CoV-2 Serology (COVID-19) Antibody (IgG), Immunoassay test from manufacturers who demonstrated robust validation of their test kits. Highlights of this validation include:

•Sensitivity is approximately 90% to 100%. This is dependent on the timing of the sample collection from when a patient is exposed to the COVID-19 virus or starts having symptoms.

•Specificity is approximately 99% to 100%.

There is no enforcement, these quarantines are a joke. Bad things happen in South Florida if A/C isn't regularly serviced.

Yeah. I can't believe that still needs to be explained
Unfortunately in the United States wearing a mask has become a political opinion.

I’ve never quite experienced anything like this where people are so one-sided about something and so vocal about it. All the sudden people that normally follow the rules “per se “now are overly opinionated about how wearing a mask inside someplace is stealing our civil liberties.

there a bigger Battles to be fought

Back
Top Bottom