This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

rick81721

Lothar
If you are not infected... a mask, less than N95, is no use to you. But the pt is... you can be asymptomatic.

No one should be wearing N95 other than medical personnel. I hope people realize if you are infected and wear an N95 you can infect others. The valve allows unfiltered exhale out into the environment.

thegock

Grocery report:

I went shopping for the first time in three weeks today and it was a completely different experience from last time. Senior hours begin at 6am and got there a minute later: no line.

There was toilet paper and tissues and orange juice, which I had begun to miss. Also, hardly any customers, which made everything more pleasant.

mtn

No one should be wearing N95 other than medical personnel. I hope people realize if you are infected and wear an N95 you can infect others. The valve allows unfiltered exhale out into the environment.
N95 masks are made with and without the valve.
I have a whopping THREE N95 masks and continue to wear one in stores. Which is safer? An N95 mask with a valve, or a bandana covering the nose and mouth? I will go with the N95 mask any day as a bandana would be pointless. If everyone wore a bandana, hospitals would be overrun.

Last edited:

Nubs

I see this argument, but can anyone logically explain to me why both parties have to wear a mask. All I hear is that its "to protect others" however, if "others" want to be protected, why can't they just wear their own mask. Why does it take two masks to protect.

Not trying to start an argument, but only to provide a little humor and insight to why wearing a mask is useful. Please see below:

IMG_2361.jpg

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Paul posted a pic earlier of his N95 masks with a valve. And the claim that anything less "is of no value" is incorrect. They provide some protection.
I did? My N95 is a peasant mask. It has no valves.
Let me correct myself and paraphrase Trump... something is better than nothing.

thegock

The population of the town that I live in is 30,000. The population is heavily weighted to commuting to NYC.

There have been 31 C19 deaths and 225 cases as of Wednesday. Almost all of these are aged 60 or older, with a vast majority over 70 years old.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
me too - I am headed to get one next Wednesday. We will see if I am a beacon of covid.

this needs its own word.

covinated?
Portmanteau of recovered and covid
recovidated,

but that sounds like getting it again, would be
recovided (recovidded ?)

Covi, codi, civi ?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
N95 masks are made with and without the valve.
I have a whopping THREE N95 masks and continue to wear one in stores. Which is safer? An N95 mask with a valve, or a bandana covering the nose and mouth? I will go with the N95 mask any day as a bandana would be pointless. If everyone wore a bandana, hospitals would be overrun.

But I like to look like a cowboy when I'm buying beer.

serviceguy

it also reminds you not to touch your face.

besides, we should all just get used to wearing them from now on. ;)

Think this type of community learning is the origin of bowing, rather than shaking hands or kissing?
I didn't look it up, but a 5,000+ year old civilization may have some surprises in their customs.

Too bad during those 5000+ years it never occurred to them no to eat bats...J/K, could not pass the joke opportunity. Sorry.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We need to be prepared for how NICA is going to handle this. I am willing to be masks are in the works for NICA events.
imo there is no way they will have kids wear masks while riding or racing... as I learned doing all of my nica coach training, liability is everything and if there is any chance a kid might pass out...its not happening.

Top Bottom