This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

It's here. We're all going to get it..... And be fine in a week to 10 days. Kinda like.... The flu.

Seriously, someone find an article where a person who had it was interviewed, and described it. You'd think that with the 100,000's of people infected, that would be an easy thing to find. It's not. Strange IMO.

The article in the Atlantic is the most level headed and non sensationalized article I've read.

Plenty out there:
Symptoms similar to the common flu, some get it worse than others.
Best way to avoid is to ride bikes in the woods by yourself.

Looks like the 3-4% may come from the numbers so far, but how advanced is the healthcare in those regions of China and access to hand sanitizer and DayQuil. At this point, we are also more aware.
1582897786735.png

Plenty out there:
Symptoms similar to the common flu, some get it worse than others.
Best way to avoid is to ride bikes in the woods by yourself.

The only one that really tells you anything is that one in the jpost. My point in here.

73 year old lady who got it said:
she felt well the entire time. But for her blood sample, she never would have known that she was sick, she said.

Many people who have tested positive have hardly any symptoms. But that doesn't fit the narrative that the media is trying to send. All they want to do is cause people to lose their shit, freak out, get anxiety and and click their fucking links.

That's my opinion anyway.

And then there's this
C5429922-72FB-49B6-A2BF-C53FB09A5024.jpeg[/QUOTE]

The only one that really tells you anything is that one in the jpost. My point in here.

Many people who have tested positive have hardly any symptoms. But that doesn't fit the narrative that the media is trying to send. All they want to do is cause people to lose their shit, freak out, get anxiety and and click their fucking links.

That's my opinion anyway.

And then there's this
View attachment 120263
[/QUOTE]
completely with you on that, media sucks
But when's the next time you plan on ordering Chinese....

Looks like the 3-4% may come from the numbers so far, but how advanced is the healthcare in those regions of China and access to hand sanitizer and DayQuil. At this point, we are also more aware.

It's also been suggested that China has downplayed/under-reported the number of infections. If the number of infections is higher, the percent that it proves fatal for is lower. Additionally, it sounds like many people who get it don't even know they have it, further dropping that percentage.

I work from home and can avoid people for the most part, but my wife works at a veterinary office where many people come through the door every day. I suspect that I'm fucked, but I'll be sick for a week and then be fine. The biggest affect that this shit is going to have on me is my stock portfolio.

Like most infections of this type, those most likely to die are the elderly or those with weakened immune systems. I read somewhere that it's possible that Coronavirus may end up being added to the list of recurring seasonal infections like the cold and flu (Coronavirus is in the same family as the cold virus). It's also likely to mutate, so coming up with an effective vaccine may be difficult. The best defense at this point may be a dose of "clean living" - eat well, exercise, reduce stress, etc.

The biggest affect that this shit is going to have on me is my stock portfolio.
I'm in the middle of moving all my retirement accounts into a new institution and had decided to pull everything out of stocks. Delays in the process just cost me $30K. Kicking myself for not liquidating everything a week ago.

completely with you on that, media sucks
But when's the next time you plan on ordering Chinese....
[/QUOTE]

I haven’t eaten that shit in 15 years. At least not the shit you get a local Chinese restaurant. It’s all Sugar and fried low quality meat. I’m sure you’ll tell me where to get the good stuff though.

One of the more ridiculous aspects of this pandemic is China's outdoors "disinfection" kabuki theater:

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...s/news-story/890ccb3a115ca6f622e9f07d7067c97e
People are pretty desperate out there, for all we know they are just misting water. Better to see something being done than nothing. Psychological propaganda works in times of crises. We have co-workers in Wuhan who have been quarantined home for a month, even our friends in Shanghai have self quarantined for a few weeks. Try staying home for a week....

Back
Top Bottom