This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I was just at the wegmans in Manalapan, 8AM and the line was the same. Stood in one spot for 20 minutes and left. Went to shoprite, walked in no line, got everything on the list except yeast. IMO wegmans is the shithole, and their clientele are a bunch of snobs with their fancy cars and fake jewerly, plus everything is overpriced.
I waited 20 minutes and was in the door. We can agree to disagree but Wegmans is cheaper and has higher grade produce. I also drive a Honda Fit base model.

rick81721

Lothar
What a stark contrast to my own Stop & Shop in Middletown. As mentioned earlier, everyone masked up, arrows on the floors to encourage customers to move in the same direction, and self checkouts wiped down after every customer.

The arrows on the floor experiment lasted about 1 week down here. Geezers either didn't get it or didn't notice - they are gone now. Stores are very sparse so it doesn't really matter. And, according to the German virologist who is conducting detailed contact tracing on over 1000 covid positives in a hard-hit town in Germany, there are no incidences of anyone contracting this from stores. I think that danger is vastly overblown. YMMV

Reactions: don

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We can agree to disagree but Wegmans is cheaper and has higher grade produce. I also drive a Honda Fit base model.

I came here to say this, but I have the sport model and mine is dirtier than yours. We've been to the stop and shop is morris plains and they dgaf at all there. At least not as of a week ago.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
The arrows on the floor experiment lasted about 1 week down here. Geezers either didn't get it or didn't notice - they are gone now. Stores are very sparse so it doesn't really matter. And, according to the German virologist who is conducting detailed contact tracing on over 1000 covid positives in a hard-hit town in Germany, there are no incidences of anyone contracting this from stores. I think that danger is vastly overblown. YMMV

Your favorite source.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
NJ is so screwed. Went for a drive, belmar and Bradley beach was packed today.
Since the boardwalk is closed, everyone was walking on the street. Maybe 4 people were masks. Yes, we stayed in the cat.

Avon solved this by limiting parking on the street to 30 for non residents.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It will be the most accurate. Too bad they didn't grab a couple of vials from everyone that was on the cruise line. It would have been good to see who had antibodies without symptoms.

no doubt they will go back.

Will be the largest DNA database in history! if your 3rd cousin you never met did something wrong, expect an fbi visit!

rick81721

Lothar
Your favorite source.

And this is what the Germans are warning against. Is there any contact tracing data showing that any of these grocery workers contracted covid at work? Nothing in the article suggests that. Policy should be based on data, not fear. And full disclosure, our son works at a Weis in hillsboro.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
And this is what the Germans are warning against. Is there any contact tracing data showing that any of these grocery workers contracted covid at work? Nothing in the article suggests that. Policy should be based on data, not fear. And full disclosure, our son works at a Weis in hillsboro.

this seems like an onion article that cnn picked up by mistake. again.

Reactions: don

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Boat launches in Harriman State Park all closed. There goes my Spring fishing. ? Damn trails are still open but every yahoo within 50 miles is going there so forget that. My only saving grace is that Blauvelt state park is still open to MTBer and hikers. It’s small but less than 5 miles from my house so I’ll take it.

Got this exciting email from Chase today...
Here is the high-level overview of the review and approval process:​
mail
Here's the update on your application:​
Current Status: Stage 1, Application received​
Although we continue to work through our queue in anticipation of additional funds for the program, we want you to know there are more than 100,000 applications ahead of you at Chase, based on when you submitted your inquiry.​

FYI- I applied on the 3rd day when they opened up the process to Independent Contractors and Sole Proprietors.

Read today that a lot of hotel and restaurant chains where allowed to tap into the SBA loans, despite the fact they are not even close to being considered “small” business. F%#$ing lobbyists!

Last edited:
Top Bottom