This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
This is from my best friend’s mom. She runs the hyperbaric chamber at Motown.....Just some fun facts, or not:
New York & New Jersey have 30% of the population are Covid-19 positive! We do not have enough room in our morgues, we now have refrigerator container boxes, outside of our facilities! You can’t be with your loved one, doesn’t matter what’s wrong with them! Yes, even if they are dying! We have 19 moms Covid positive, postpartum, Dads/ coach are allowed, but once baby has arrived, they are told to leave! And that may change soon! It’s scary!!!

Fat Trout

This is from my best friend’s mom. She runs the hyperbaric chamber at Motown.....Just some fun facts, or not:
New York & New Jersey have 30% of the population are Covid-19 positive! We do not have enough room in our morgues, we now have refrigerator container boxes, outside of our facilities! You can’t be with your loved one, doesn’t matter what’s wrong with them! Yes, even if they are dying! We have 19 moms Covid positive, postpartum, Dads/ coach are allowed, but once baby has arrived, they are told to leave! And that may change soon! It’s scary!!!
I believe she meant to say 30% of those tested rather than 30% of the population of ny/nj.

rick81721

Lothar
I'd hate to be down there if/when it gets bad. The old people here just don't care. They are the worst offenders against social distancing. Men in particular which could explain why 3x as many men are catching it.

actually what we have seen is pretty good so far. even the old coot who snapped still maintained distance.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok this person sounds like they are in a panic....they are keeping visitors to an absolute minimum...much like even the home depot is doing...Why is that scary? sounds like a good policy in a building full of sick people.

70,000 NJ residents die every year from all things....im not sure how 500 covid deaths is going to cause mass graves to start being dug....and there are alot less people dying from trauma/car accidents, etc right now.

in other news....my wife informed me that there are still patients in the original ICU (morristown now has like 5) who were put in vents several weeks ago who have not come off...this is very unusual as typically patients are only on vents for a few days. They doing their best not to put people on vents and use the rebreathers instead....They are finding that older patients who came in with DNI (do not intubate) orders are in fact doing better with the rebreathers than patients who were put on ventilators.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
ok this person sounds like they are in a panic....they are keeping visitors to an absolute minimum...much like even the home depot is doing...Why is that scary? sounds like a good policy in a building full of sick people.

70,000 NJ residents die every year from all things....im not sure how 500 covid deaths is going to cause mass graves to start being dug....and there are alot less people dying from trauma/car accidents, etc right now.

in other news....my wife informed me that there are still patients in the original ICU (morristown now has like 5) who were put in vents several weeks ago who have not come off...this is very unusual as typically patients are only on vents for a few days. They doing their best not to put people on vents and use the rebreathers instead....They are finding that older patients who came in with DNI (do not intubate) orders are in fact doing better with the rebreathers than patients who were put on ventilators.
I don’t know what she meant with that comment but she is like a second mom to me and has been in the AH system for 30-40 years.

rick81721

Lothar
Did anyone post this yet? Pretty good view of social distancing trends.

I posted one last week from a company using cellphone data but not nearly as detailed - the overall data looks very similar. Interesting how in most states, parks show a large increase (Florida seems to be an exception). Also good to see large drops even in the remaining states that don't have stay at home orders.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what your saying is just do Medicare for all
im saying that many people show up to the ER with no insurance and get treated but then never pay. I dont know what the best solution to the current healthcare mess is....Seems like all of the options have major flaws, so which shitty one do we want. Im not sure.

SmooveP

I posted one last week from a company using cellphone data but not nearly as detailed - the overall data looks very similar. Interesting how in most states, parks show a large increase (Florida seems to be an exception). Also good to see large drops even in the remaining states that don't have stay at home orders.
Seems to be an issue with the Parks stats. Graphs clearly show increase, but overall % shows a decrease in NJ.

SmooveP

im saying that many people show up to the ER with no insurance and get treated but then never pay. I dont know what the best solution to the current healthcare mess is....Seems like all of the options have major flaws, so which shitty one do we want. Im not sure.
It’s almost like our hospital systems have decided that healthcare is a basic human right but our government has a different view. I wonder if there are any good examples of how other countries have approached this issue. I mean besides every other country in the world.

Top Bottom