This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I hope this isn't your screening diagnostic - by the time you see low blood oxygen levels, you're in trouble. I've had allergies for months so basically check temp twice a day. A little low after today's ride, hot slightly chilled!

View attachment 123948

nah - it is just another toy -

1585843237562.png

@Norm - The Probabability of (A or B) includes the probability of (A and B) - the subtraction removed the unneeded (B and A)

we were looking for P(A xor B) - prob of only one.

1585843362514.png

so we were all right.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
I don't know what was worse here, Paul's supply chain antics or this stats discussion. Anywho, just saw these interesting stats on the localization of covid in the US, at least right now:

NY + NJ

Cases/1M population = 3960 (worse than Italy, 1906)

Deaths/1M population = 95 (Italy is 230)

Rest of USA ex NY/NJ

Cases/1M population = 373

Deaths/1M population = 8.6 (better than Germany)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I don't know what was worse here, Paul's supply chain antics or this stats discussion. Anywho, just saw these interesting stats on the localization of covid in the US, at least right now:

NY + NJ

Cases/1M population = 3960 (worse than Italy, 1906)

Deaths/1M population = 95 (Italy is 230)

Rest of USA ex NY/NJ

Cases/1M population = 373

Deaths/1M population = 8.6 (better than Germany)

once we cross the capacity of the healthcare system we will raise in deaths quickly

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The issue with that is your going in with the mask on then your going around to other co-workers wearing the same mask.

My wife feels the way I do, the biggest risk is other nurses. My wife was going to the Ed last weekend to be a buddy but she wasn't going to get anything side for gloves and a surgical mask.

They need to stop having admin call the shots, they're so short sighted and don't understand the behaviors. Whole units should be admission with ppe only, and decontamination should happen at the end of shift leaving the unit. Suiting up and unsuiting and resuiting is an exposure opportunity.
so my wife says you have to suit and unsuit in between patients otherwise you would be contaminating other patients....plus you have to unsuit when you come out to use things like computers and other things that other people touch...plus you still need to eat and drink....this is why they are using the surgical mask over the n95. I guess its not a perfect system, but they have to be able to go in and out of rooms, etc.

with regards to your wife being a buddy...my wife says everyone she sees in the ED is wearing an n95...and they are in the drawers, its not like there is a person assigning them.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
so my wife says you have to suit and unsuit in between patients otherwise you would be contaminating other patients....plus you have to unsuit when you come out to use things like computers and other things that other people touch...plus you still need to eat and drink....this is why they are using the surgical mask over the n95. I guess its not a perfect system, but they have to be able to go in and out of rooms, etc.

with regards to your wife being a buddy...my wife says everyone she sees in the ED is wearing an n95...and they are in the drawers, its not like there is a person assigning them.

Last Saturday they weren't going to provide my wife one so she noped out. Glad that isn't so.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well the healthcare system is localized - which is why it is so bad in NY/north NJ - everywhere else is OK, and as long as social distancing continues, should remain so.

i've re-sorted by 3 day average daily growth - numbers are looking better. Still many states in the
'double the total cases'-every-5 days range. (reminder 10% is 7 days) - but the trend is downward. NJ is having a hard time.
did someone post the county map?

Last edited:
Top Bottom