This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

ilnadi

we had a zoom party with some highschool buddies, spread out from eastern Turkey to LA. 5 of the 23 on the call were doctors.

the 4 in Turkey all have at least one colleague in ICU, many confirmed patients. They're actually on a worse trajectory than the US. that will become a shit show in short order. the fucking government over there (who keeps about 100k imams on payroll despite not having any place for them to work) announced that doctors who test positive and have to quarantine will not get paid. enough about that

the 5th is a surgeon in Brooklyn. he looked like a zombie. This despite the fact that they are keeping all surgical teams as far away from the covid-19 wards as possible so they can still operate. he said they had one symptomatic patient that tested negative twice before testing positive, so he has no idea what has happened to his ward now.

ilnadi

when I read this at 4pm yesterday, I thought "he has a point, I don't see those numbers happening".
now, I don't know, check out today's "new" numbers

BTW, I am not posting numbers anymore, only links; shit changes too fast, cannot keep up. If I can automate my table from a data feed I'll post the link.
worldometer now added columns for cases & deaths per 1M so there's our live tracking.

serviceguy

It adds up to more than 100. Why?
Because...

Both die .01 x .01 = .001
One die 2 x .01 x .99 = .0198
None die .99 x .99 = .9801

@Patrick , @jmanic, @Norm...I had to unleash ancient knowledge to come up with this (well, more like 37 years old statistics class from HS) and not even a pat on the back and fu to show for it? BTW I am correct on this, the one die situation is twice the chance that one lives and the other dies (.01 x .99) and not twice the chance that one dies.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
worldometer now added columns for cases & deaths per 1M so there's our live tracking.

that's always been there

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Because...

@Patrick , @jmanic, @Norm...I had to unleash ancient knowledge to come up with this (well, more like 37 years old statistics class from HS) and not even a pat on the back and fu to show for it? BTW I am correct on this, the one die situation is twice the chance that one lives and the other dies (.01 x .99) and not twice the chance that one dies.
Sorry I missed your contribution Leo,
you get full credit, just please show your work.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Because...

don't get too crazy.... ? ;)
https://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/coronavirus.48992/post-974018

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fired up my pulse oximeter - scared the crap out of myself.

View attachment 123919

Oh - it was upside down.....
View attachment 123920
lol...my wife took someone out of a car yesterday who could not speak from shortness of breath and was in alot of distress....his blood oxygen was 91...I was like "oh, I guess thats a bad number....91?" She said "ya, but you should have seen the guy I pulled out of a car whose was at 52" She said she ran back inside, immediately got a wheelchair and a re-breather....This was an example of someone who skipped the line and was put on a ventilator asap.

She also said that the ratio of men to women is probably in the neighborhood of 3:1.....She did say many patients are doing better on the rebreather (just the mask with oxygen) as opposed to the ventilator which seemed like some good news....However she also said that the patients that are being put on ventilators are staying on them for a long time and taking a long time to recover...which didnt seem like good news.

Apparently every restaurant in morristown is bringing them....they have more food there than they know what to do with.....She also said every night at 7 all of the neighbors in the surrounding homes and apartments are banging on pots and pans to show their appreciation

serviceguy

Sorry I missed your contribution Leo,
you get full credit, just please show your work.

What work, I got nothing else! I was just bothering by the numbers not being even, but actually turns out @Patrick had all that done days ago (internet years that is), he just used a bunch of words and a picture which shut down my brain for the time being!

Sorry if I sounded like I was demanding attention, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and these days that's like being on the wrong side of the planet given the spatial constraints!

Top Bottom