Cool storage concept

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
But can it do fat tires :)

I seen that before and yeah that is cool as hell. This is reasons why this country is so far behind with its infrastructure. We should be leading the way with cool concepts and fast public transportation.

THATmanMANNY

somewhat the problem. We just have way more than we need and we don't care.

Escalade,%2BTahoe,%2BSuburban,%2BYukon%2BDenli%2B-%2BCompare%2B(1).jpg

gp_100405_1112_3_4.jpg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
But can it do fat tires :).
Yeah, I wonder why we are behind :confused:

The main reason we don't have this kind of stuff is because we don't have enough people on bikes. Like Copenhagen this year where the number of people commuting via bike is now ahead of any other means. Do we have any city where the people commuting by bike is even double digits?

deurbanization/surburan sprawl murdered the US cities after World War II and after 60 years of selling the burbs, everyone be like, oh shit, our cities....

qclabrat

I've seen this in person and even considered send a bike down to see how it works. it's not so much about innovation vs a culture which always considers cleanliness and organization in their designs. Unlike the other Asian countries there are far fewer bike locked up in the street. I'm actually always amazed most other countries don't lock their bike to a fixed object. Btw: Japan is by far my favorite country to commute by bike.

Blair

Yeah, I wonder why we are behind :confused:

The main reason we don't have this kind of stuff is because we don't have enough people on bikes. Like Copenhagen this year where the number of people commuting via bike is now ahead of any other means. Do we have any city where the people commuting by bike is even double digits?

deurbanization/surburan sprawl murdered the US cities after World War II and after 60 years of selling the burbs, everyone be like, oh shit, our cities....
This is because the people in these areas can't afford cars. Denmark avg tax rate is 45%, f that. And China they pay people 5 bucks a day. How they supposed to get a suburban for 60k? US cities are doing just fine when it costs 2500 a month for rent or 500k for an efficiency in NYC.

qclabrat

This is because the people in these areas can't afford cars. Denmark avg tax rate is 45%, f that. And China they pay people 5 bucks a day. How they supposed to get a suburban for 60k? US cities are doing just fine when it costs 2500 a month for rent or 500k for an efficiency in NYC.
have to correct some inaccuracies here, suburbans are the price of a Porsche turbo here, huge demand for them. The salaries in the Chinese cities are much higher than you think. read a report recent on VWs and the without the Chinese market, they would be in an operating loss. 30% vw sold in China. Congestion in Chinese cities in ridiculous, to the point where you can only drive your car on alternating days. And its not due to the lack of roads. Property in the cities are also crazy, I could buy a much nicer place in Manhattan than Shanghai as an example. I looked last month when I visited and it's about 20% more for a comparable apartment.

mstyer

Yeah, I think the bike culture has a lot more to do with population density than wages. I live 22 miles from my workplace. Public transit is sparse, and if I commuted by bike I'd have zero time left in my day for a personal life.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
But can it do fat tires :)

I seen that before and yeah that is cool as hell. This is reasons why this country is so far behind with its infrastructure. We should be leading the way with cool concepts and fast public transportation.
Doesn't involve oil and war bro.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Negative, those countries are just smart. Germany and holland are the same way. That expensive gas pays for perfect roads. Our non expensive gas pays for new, overpriced and disposable suvs and wall street college funds.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
The suburban killer Is that it isn't feasible for people not
On this site to ride 20
Miles to work. Shit, the average car commute in the US is somewhere around 45 min, so totally impossible for the normals.

Last edited:

Karate Monkey

The suburban killer of that is isn't feasible for people on on this site to ride 20
Miles to work. Shit, the average car commute in the US is somewhere around 45 min, so totally impossible for the normals.

At one point, work was about 15 miles away... Between work and bike commuting, my [work] day was roughly 11-12 hours long. That nonsense stopped after a couple of weeks... It just wasn't sustainable... Not enough time for housework/errands/decompressing. I like riding a bike, but when you *have* to, it's no longer as fun.

*Edit*

Also, when I lived in Princeton, there were always a shit-ton of bikes around, but I'll be damned if I ever counted more than a handful actually on their bike, running errands/what have you, while i was out doing mine. Don't know if that says something about Princeton, or about the state of bicycles as a utility in the US. FWIW, aside from Nassau Street, I thought/think Princeton is pretty bike friendly.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
At one point, work was about 15 miles away... Between work and bike commuting, my [work] day was roughly 11-12 hours long. That nonsense stopped after a couple of weeks... It just wasn't sustainable... Not enough time for housework/errands/decompressing. I like riding a bike, but when you *have* to, it's no longer as fun.

*Edit*

Also, when I lived in Princeton, there were always a shit-ton of bikes around, but I'll be damned if I ever counted more than a handful actually on their bike, running errands/what have you, while i was out doing mine. Don't know if that says something about Princeton, or about the state of bicycles as a utility in the US. FWIW, aside from Nassau Street, I thought/think Princeton is pretty bike friendly.
Princeton is proactive about bike lanes and striping. I no longer commute because I don't want a crappy route to be my riding for the day and it is basically sucky if you have to go anywhere further than 5 miles for an errand at lunchtime.

THATmanMANNY

I don't like biking to work but it makes sense. $ave, same time, not dependent on public transportation. Kinda forced to ride when it's that sensible.

However, this weekend I night rode from Hillsborough to Princeton via the tow path to meet my wife because I didn't want to have two cars in Princeton. It sucked for that kinda errand/need. I should have ridden the e-bike. Probably would have been there in 40min vs 1h. E-bikes will rewrite our cycling culture.

qclabrat

I don't like biking to work but it makes sense. $ave, same time, not dependent on public transportation. Kinda forced to ride when it's that sensible.

However, this weekend I night rode from Hillsborough to Princeton via the tow path to meet my wife because I didn't want to have two cars in Princeton. It sucked for that kinda errand/need. I should have ridden the e-bike. Probably would have been there in 40min vs 1h. E-bikes will rewrite our cycling culture.
It already has in NYC, there are more and more ebikes used nowadays. It was popularized in China 10 years ago, to the point you now need to register your ebike. We're behind the times here.

Top Bottom