Converted to Threaded BB...bike still creaks

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Man, that's gonna be so annoying when you find out how silly a spot that creak is coming from.

Dingo

Man, that's gonna be so annoying when you find out how silly a spot that creak is coming from.
It sure will be something so silly.
We all learn things by mistakes, err well some folks do.

Others repeat the same one's.

Hope you follow through with the actual fix, so others can learn.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It sure will be something so silly.
We all learn things by mistakes, err well some folks do.

Others repeat the same one's.

Hope you follow through with the actual fix, so others can learn.

He's taken on some pretty big projects already trying to ween it out, so only the little stupid things are left. I've rebuilt my entire bike just to realize my seatpost binder bolt needed to be lubed.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
What are you doing in the video, just pushing on the rear of the bike ?

Pushing down on the seat as hard as I can to reproduce the click/creak. I can make it happen all the time if I crank on the peddles and pull on the bars. Thought it was my BB but I had the cranks out and happened to lean on the seat and it did that clicking.

Taking a break from troubleshooting and just riding my other bike for the time being but will post as I troubleshoot and eventually figure it out. Other wise new bike?

iman29

Not sure if this helps since it was a road bike but my buddy took apart his whole
Drive train and figured out it was the wheel axle needing grease. I could hear the sound too and it had that carbon sound but it was traveling thru the wheel.

Maybe take out axle and clean and regrease.

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Not sure if this helps since it was a road bike but my buddy took apart his whole
Drive train and figured out it was the wheel axle needing grease. I could hear the sound too and it had that carbon sound but it was traveling thru the wheel.

Maybe take out axle and clean and regrease.
Already did this too

Top Bottom