Contractor Reccomedations

Cole

Hey,

My wife and I had plans drawn up to put on an addition, roughly 1,100 sqft. We are trying to get someone to actually come out to provide estimates. I have had a couple guys come out, we gave them copies of the plans and then never heard back. We are consiering GC'ing our selves, but also considering having someone handle all of it. I have a hard time picking random names from Google and trusting them.

Any reccomendations on Builders/GC's? Also, any reccomedations on Masons, Electricians, and Plumbers in case we decide to coodinate it ourselves?

I'm in Pittstown

Hey,

My wife and I had plans drawn up to put on an addition, roughly 1,100 sqft. We are trying to get someone to actually come out to provide estimates. I have had a couple guys come out, we gave them copies of the plans and then never heard back. We are consiering GC'ing our selves, but also considering having someone handle all of it. I have a hard time picking random names from Google and trusting them.

Any reccomendations on Builders/GC's? Also, any reccomedations on Masons, Electricians, and Plumbers in case we decide to coodinate it ourselves?

I'm in Pittstown
I'll just pray for you, got nothing to offer on this. When we did hour house we had a really hard time to get any contractor past the initial survey phase...then we got one twho drained our pockets and still did a rather poor job of it. I guess there's no interest in working on a small house these days, people want to go for the big kill or nothing. Change my mind...

Monks is top notch but expensive. Didn't use them but they seemed professional. We drew up plans for a similar expansion 10 years ago, but the 250-300k estimates changed our minds. I can't imagine what it costs now with pandemic pricing.

Monks is top notch but expensive. Didn't use them but they seemed professional. We drew up plans for a similar expansion 10 years ago, but the 250-300k estimates changed our minds. I can't imagine what it costs now with pandemic pricing.
Yeah, Monks would be a one stop shop I could trust. But we are out of their service range.

I'll just pray for you, got nothing to offer on this. When we did hour house we had a really hard time to get any contractor past the initial survey phase...then we got one twho drained our pockets and still did a rather poor job of it. I guess there's no interest in working on a small house these days, people want to go for the big kill or nothing. Change my mind...
Thanks for the words of encouragement! Lol. It really is amazing that people that don't call you back. I feel like I need a brief case full of $100's to get their attention

I'll PM you name and number of the guy that did our kitchen. He's kind of a one man show, so this may be too big of a job for him. He was great because he came every day himself and and handled everything from tile to plumbing to electrical. He's out in Kingwood.

P.S. Finkles (Sven) in Lambertville did the design of the kitchen for "free", but we bought the cabinets, appliances and supplies from them. Much less expensive than other quotes we got.

I'll PM you name and number of the guy that did our kitchen. He's kind of a one man show, so this may be too big of a job for him. He was great because he came every day himself and and handled everything from tile to plumbing to electrical. He's out in Kingwood.
Thanks, I actually plan on doing that stuff my self. Really just need someone to get me up to the finished drywall stage

Back
Top Bottom