Consolidating and saving the Benjamins.

THATmanMANNY

counterpoint - home prices will continue to increase so if and when you do move, theoretical house you will love will be X times more expensive in Y years. So will that difference be substantial enough to act now? YMMV

Cassinonorth

counterpoint - home prices will continue to increase so if and when you do move, theoretical house you will love will be X times more expensive in Y years. So will that difference be substantial enough to act now? YMMV

In theory. Our neighbors that bought their house in 2007 came out even selling in the height of the housing market this past year.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
its a thought....in the case of my house...I would never spend 5 cents fixing it up....im going to sell it as is since the location will always limit its value. No point in spending alot of money changing it to see no return on your investment. Also in my case...If I am going to move, its going to be what I want. Otherwise, im perfectly happy looking at my bank account and having 0 financial stress in my life. I only have 1 child, so a 3 bedroom house is plenty big enough for me...plus I would look for a house that is counter to what most people want....I dont want a mcmansion on a cul de sac....im happy with a smaller house that backs up to a park, has a detached garage or barn, little grass to mow as possible, no bullshit landscaping all over. FUCK GRASS AND LANDSCPAING WITH ALL OF THE FUCKS!

Cassinonorth

its a thought....in the case of my house...I would never spend 5 cents fixing it up....im going to sell it as is since the location will always limit its value. No point in spending alot of money changing it to see no return on your investment. Also in my case...If I am going to move, its going to be what I want. Otherwise, im perfectly happy looking at my bank account and having 0 financial stress in my life. I only have 1 child, so a 3 bedroom house is plenty big enough for me...plus I would look for a house that is counter to what most people want....I dont want a mcmansion on a cul de sac....im happy with a smaller house that backs up to a park, has a detached garage or barn, little grass to mow as possible, no bullshit landscaping all over. FUCK GRASS AND LANDSCPAING WITH ALL OF THE FUCKS!

Hell yeah. Co-sign all this.

Though I prefer a short commute over park location, the rest is spot on. My yard takes me 20 minutes back and front...it looks OK. We could afford double the house, don't care. When we go to sell it...paint the walls white and call it done.

THATmanMANNY

That place looks sweet but too much area right to clean. Import some dirt for a jump line .

Last edited:

one piece crank

The house-shopping thing is an interesting hobby. My wife does it all the time, but never really finds the house that checks all the boxes AND has significantly more garage space. So, we'll update our house and consider an out-building while we wait to see were the kids settle down...

Cassinonorth

The house-shopping thing is an interesting hobby. My wife does it all the time, but never really finds the house that checks all the boxes AND has significantly more garage space. So, we'll update our house and consider an out-building while we wait to see were the kids settle down...

HGTV effect.

Our partners probably say the same thing about us and bikes.

JerseyPete

Captain Brainstorm

With you on the grass. I either want no grass, or 100+ acres of grass I can let me neighbors cattle graze on, like in Montana.

The place you're looking for exists, its in Arizona, New Mexico, or Colorado.

rick81721

Lothar
With you on the grass. I either want no grass, or 100+ acres of grass I can let me neighbors cattle graze on, like in Montana.

The place you're looking for exists, its in Arizona, New Mexico, or Colorado.

also have no interest in maintaining grass or landscaping. our solution is to live in places where someone else does it.

rick81721

Lothar
WOW. Do they shovel your snow, cut the grass, and cook you dinner for that price? yowza.

That's combined for FL and NJ. We actually pay more for the townhouse in NJ but that's because besides doing grass, landscaping, snow removal - they also are responsible for the entire exterior including siding, gutters and roof. Plus lame amenities like a pool and tennis court that we've never used. In FL it covers grass and landscaping plus amenities of a pool, tennis courts and fitness center open 24 hrs (which is all we use).

ekuhn

That's combined for FL and NJ. We actually pay more for the townhouse in NJ but that's because besides doing grass, landscaping, snow removal - they also are responsible for the entire exterior including siding, gutters and roof. Plus lame amenities like a pool and tennis court that we've never used. In FL it covers grass and landscaping plus amenities of a pool, tennis courts and fitness center open 24 hrs (which is all we use).
Oh I thought that was just here and that seems more in line.

Top Bottom