Considering moving

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I don't get it. If there is "nothing for you" here, why would the UK be any different? Other than paying twice the taxes and getting worse health care?

I know several people who considered retiring outside the US, after thoroughly researching, nobody went for it.

Wife doesn't want to be colder so no Canada
Don't want to learn a really different language (cool with any romance language or English)

Since healthcare will end up becoming a political conversation I invite that to my blog.

Being in the UK gives us opportunity to travel and aligns more with life goals

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't want to learn a really different language (cool with any romance language or English)

Being in the UK gives us opportunity to travel and aligns more with life goals

If traveling around Europe is your goal, you should ditch the UK and stick to the Schengen Area. You can drive or take the train around Europe and not have to worry about borders or customs. Pretty much everyone in the major cities and tourist areas in Europe speak English, many of them better than us.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I hear Charlotte, NC is nice and cool this time of year.

I have asked some of the people from Europe I have worked with why they came here and the answer is always jobs and also availability of goods.
For instance, apparently much of Europe Is void of common place things like building supplies. Seems odd but there is no running to Home Depot for a weekend project because there are limited supplies of things, which also makes them more expensive. I know this is a dumb example but it sounds like it is that way with a lot of things.

Oh and Taxes, like double US, but hey, grass is always greener...

Captain Brainstorm

This country is going to shit right now (our kids will have to deal with it unfortunately), but its still the greatest place on earth to live. Too many great places to list.

If you're wife doesn't like to be cold, the northern UK is not the place to go. The winters are cold, wet, and miserable, which is why the pub scene is so well developed. Did you consider New Zealand? They speak English and have every climatic zone represented, so you can literally ski, bike, and surf in one day. Its an outdoors person's paradise. I think their visa requirements are tough though, but worth researching.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Different place same shit.

if the NJ attitude is annoying go live by @Pearl. Awesome area. Lots of tech for you, healthcare works for the SO. Private school is good. Lots to do.

after c19 of course. Those Union Jack toting NASCAR fans don’t do masks. ?

Top Bottom