CONGRATS to GRAVEYARDMAN!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just want to send a big congrats to graveyardman. after his first race in nearly six years he won his class, the ubercompetitive 40-49...by just about five mintues!! all this while riding an old klien and blowing out a tire on the last lap.

bill, and people like him are the types of folks you can expect to see on your mtbnj.com race team in 2008.

did i just say that out loud? what could that mean? hmmmm... :D

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My problem is always going to be the fact that it takes 6 to 8 hours to do 1 to 2 hours of racing???? :hmmm: Can't they fix that?

I would love to do some more races, now that I have that initial anxiety out of the way.

I will be doing the Whiteface Hill Climb September 16. Anyone up for 2-on-2-off hill intervals.
http://www.nysef.org/bikerace.htm

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Congrats, and I know what you're saying about the 6-8 hours thing. I live 15 minutes away and the race was almost a 5 hour door-to-door thing for me.

That race you linked - wasn't that previously called the Toll Road race or something? The road is only open once a year for bikes?

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had been training for the Mt Washington Newtons Revenge - but it was cancelled due to wind (70 mph) then rain the next day. The Whiteface road is a toll road that is state operated. It closes at 5:00 pm and the rangers leave. I have a ski (and lake) place near there; the locals claim no harm no foul if you go up after 5:00.

The big difference here is that you get to ride down Whiteface where as Mt Washington is shuttle down. FYI - a really cool web site for climbing addicts

http://www.northeastcycling.com/

Great info and very technical

ArmyOfNone

i have been reading about the mt washington climb. I also have seen many bumper stickers on cars. This sounds like something to be done in the distant future.

Does that mean i have to wear the sticker on my ass?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have seen that site before, good stuff but everything a bit too far away. Do you actually make treks up to some of those climbs for training? I've considered the Mount Greylock century in years past but it seems like too much trouble.

Top Bottom