Conditions

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Any one know what round valley is like? I have to work in the area and was thinking of hitting it after work.

Maurice

If you start from the backside (Cushetunk park) you should be fine. From the main entrance however expect some very soft areas. I wouldn't go there from that side, not even to hike. There's plenty of trail when entering from the Cushetunk side.

N

Neen

Good to know! I have to head out that way so I am thinking of taking the pooch for a quick hike. We'll start at the back entrance then.

D

DANSPANK

MM: if you go tonight then can you post-up the conditions? Let me know if the trails are good to go for tomorrow.

Thanks,

Daniel.

N

Neen

I hiked in from the Cushetunk side today (3/6) and conditions were quite good. I'm a bit confused though, once you get to the "top", the trail used to go straightdown the backside, now that trail is closed and the trail goes off to the right. Up and along the ridge and is completely not rideable. I mean, not even for really good riders :p. This was a white marked trail and did not appear heavily travelled. Is there another trail back there that I missed somehow?

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hiked in from the Cushetunk side today (3/6) and conditions were quite good. I'm a bit confused though, once you get to the "top", the trail used to go straightdown the backside, now that trail is closed and the trail goes off to the right. Up and along the ridge and is completely not rideable. I mean, not even for really good riders :p. This was a white marked trail and did not appear heavily travelled. Is there another trail back there that I missed somehow?

You went straight up out of the lot.....from that closed sign, if you go to the right you'll eventually hit a fence...to the left is a very nice (not ridable) rocky look out.

For the trail that you are thinking of, from the lot you need to go around the 'gate' they have blocking the entrance to the power lines, a few feet from there is another trail entrance, that's the way to go. They have the main trail closed back there for hunting season but there is a trail that will reroute you over to the one you're thinking of. I've done it in the dark a couple times recently so it must be pretty well marked if I found my way.

kush

Has anyone been to RV at all in recent days, post-thaw?

I'm thinking that once you get past the fire-roads which tend to be puddly at times, the single-track dries out nicely.

Thinking of a climb till you puke :puke:eek:r pass out (or both) kind of ride this weekend, provided it's in decent shape.

Anyone know?

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Anyone know?

I've been riding the road bike around there the past few weeks and the areas you can see from the road look really muddy. Also. just on the sides of the roads and whatnot don't look great.

-Jim.

euphoria

friday the 13th conditions

excellent. mostly dry with a few moist spots but even those were firm. great ride today.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions