Conditions?

I was thinking about hitting up 6 mile run tomorrow morning, any reports on the conditions? I heard flooding might still be an issue, wanted to confirm before I make the trek out there..

targheehucker

hiked the 1st half of the blue trail on the canal side yesterday after work. Trails are almost completely dry - probably another day or so. However there were about 5 trees down on the part of the trail I was on so some chainsawing is going to be needed, especially in areas near drainages...

rlb

Even if the trails closer to the parking lot are ok, I would imagine that the middle of the park is going to be a mess. That's where most of the lower lying areas are.

cdemich

Math Major
the trails are mostly dry. But there is a lot of trees down on the trails. I saw a good five to six trees down in just one area.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It is drying out nicely.

It took us 3 hours to get to the broken foundation just before the cement bridge today. We started at 27 and cut out every fallen tree along the way. We rerouted the trail in a few spots too.

so.. From 27 to the foundation is clear and dry. Enjoy that section at least. Beyond that you can expect quite a few trees blocking the path.

This was my first MTB ride since my knee surgery and also the first time since riding on snow. It was awesome to be back on dirt.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It is drying out nicely.

It took us 3 hours to get to the broken foundation just before the cement bridge today. We started at 27 and cut out every fallen tree along the way. We rerouted the trail in a few spots too.

so.. From 27 to the foundation is clear and dry. Enjoy that section at least. Beyond that you can expect quite a few trees blocking the path.

This was my first MTB ride since my knee surgery and also the first time since riding on snow. It was awesome to be back on dirt.

Thanks for taking the time to clear out downed trees!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It is drying out nicely.

damn you are fast on getting out there. thanks for the work - conditions were real solid today. it was nice out there. you guys bring buzzsaw with you or something?

buzzsaw09-web.jpg

the section right by the concrete bridge - with the gravestone trail tread really held (unless you built it back up) considering all the flood water that went through there. it looks like a tsunami hit in that area.

jdog

Shop Keep
Thanks for taking the time to clear out downed trees!

When you get out there you will quickly see how many we cut out. We had 4 guys out and 2 chainsaws running for about 3 hours. C. Puncher is an Arborist by trade and I learn so much from him every time we work together.

Anyone been out between canal rd and s. middlebush??

Last edited:

Grampaaah

I just wanted to say THANK YOU, to everyone who cleaned up the trails this week. I get very few chances to ride between work and a baby. It really made my weekend be able to ride for an 1 1/2 hour and have such amazing trail conditions just a couple of days after that crazy storm. I have been trying for a while now but I promise to be on at least 1 trail maintence day to return the favor. Everyone who gets out there and busts their butts to make these trails what they are is awesome. THANKS for a great day.

jdog

Shop Keep
If the Group trail work days do not line up for you I often lead small groups mid week and on Sundays. Just send me a PM a day or 2 before and I will let you know if I am headed out. I have grown to prefer to work with just a few folks at a time. Often we get more done per person than a bigger group.

Evan

Coming down tonight from Westchester to visit relatives in Princeton. Could really use a trail conditions report for a ride tomorrow morning before the rain. Much thanks!!!:D

walter

Fourth Party
Conditions are good, just some standing water in the usual spots. Overall its pretty dry. Justs keep an eye out for all the blow downs. Enjoy!

Dictatorsaurus

Went there today. Pretty dry for the most part. I came across 4 or 5 trees completely blocking the trail. Some walked over them and some had to go around. Very fun ride.

Crashed on the rocks by the cement bridge as I turned my head around and yelled: "PICK UP SOME SPEED" to my partner who was new to the tail. Tip: Always clear the tricky section before giving advice to others.

The new "pump hill" was 3 seconds of joy. I didn't even come close to clearing the gap between the close elevations.

Last edited:

Ez-E

Do you think this will be ridable tomorrow afternoon, even after all the rain we just got? I plan on going around 12:30-1 after I pick my bike up. Anyone else want to meet up too

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Do you think this will be ridable tomorrow afternoon, even after all the rain we just got? I plan on going around 12:30-1 after I pick my bike up. Anyone else want to meet up too

I think they just opened south middlebush road a couple of days ago... id be suprised if it was dry...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions