Conditions this Sunday?

Glancing Aft

I'm going to be down south for an MS walkathon Sunday morning and was thinking of trying to get a ride in that afternoon at Allaire providing the storm has passed. I've only ridden there once before and don't know the place well. How well does she ride a day after a storm, or should I just stay clear?

ArmyOfNone

unless it monsoons out, allaire is the place to be if you want to be in the woods after a good rain.

K

Krusty

How is allaire

Are there long stretches of downhill? I don't like to pedal uphill.

K

Krusty

I usually just walk the uphills and then ride the downhills. It's tiring riding uphill.

dualfisted

I put a bunch of miles in at Allaire this morning, and it is in pretty good shape. Very very little mud, moist soil so there's some grip to it, and the reworked sections from the recent TM are shedding water from the problems areas quite nicely still, although it is still soft in places. I didn't ride the rerouted sections of "Tiger Woods" which don't like the wet too much, judging from the trail conditions I'd say they're probably very soft but just rideable. This is all just one man's opinion. If we don't get much rain, a ride tomorrow is very do-able. TJ

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
where abouts is the 'Tiger woods" section is that all the single track stuff by the golf course?
I have been through just about all the areas on that side except for on the other side of of the fire road by the stream.
still need to get to the other side of hospital road only was there once..

dualfisted

Tiger Woods is pretty much the only trail name I know at Allaire and I ride there a ton (as of late). But yeah, that's the rolling singletrack by the golf course. Apparently "Tiger Woods" has four particular sections to it,,,, thank you Ken and Frank for the tours and teaching me at least one name of one trail, haha.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
TJ you will soon know allaire as well as anyone :D

Mike - the other side of hospital rd has some awesome singletrack, you should really explore over there or get a tour. I have a 30-40min loop over there for a warmup that kicks arse.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
need to start to break out of work at 4:00 to ride. last year I was able to get out at least 3 times a week which was not to shabby. like I said I got to the other side once and ended up taking a bad endover but that really has not stopped me yet.
I do need some pedal time to get the clip out to be second nature. although I bet it funny as hell to see me just kind of fall over in slow mo....:)

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
need to start to break out of work at 4:00 to ride. last year I was able to get out at least 3 times a week which was not to shabby. like I said I got to the other side once and ended up taking a bad endover but that really has not stopped me yet.
I do need some pedal time to get the clip out to be second nature. although I bet it funny as hell to see me just kind of fall over in slow mo....:)

ive been out 7 times this week...going over the bars or layin it down in a turn is my new thing

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
going out on the road today but I took the week off so I will be at least on the bike every day this week might take an extended ride thru the other side this week as long as it dosen't rain.
that is in between doing the stuff I need to get done around the house....

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I rode most of Allaire this morning and it was in great shape. There was a little mud on the Blind trail, and Tiger Woods, but otherwise all is good.The only real problem was, I couldn't find a parking spot. I guess that is the price ATUG pays for turning Allaire into "the place to see and be seen".

Last edited:

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
I normally don't park in the main of course I can't tell anyone where I do park....:)
but I can see alot more riders there this year than the last few years which is a good thing as it brings more people that can join in the TM....

The Rose

The park was pretty good this morning. LIke TG said the blind trail was pretty muddy. Also , someone has been going around and removing alot of stuff, Logs etc. What the heck are they thinking. If they cant get over it , learn or walk over dont think because you cant do it noone can or would want to. :getsome:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions