Conditions for Weekend 1/30-2/1

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Hoping we can get some up to date reports on the conditions at the Land of Sandy Trails.:D

I've got a feeling this is gonna be the place to be this weekend, as long as we escape the ice...

Thanks!

Frank

Sasquatch
Tough one to call....lots of rain yesterday, froze last night, thaw today, freeze again tonight blah blah blah.

ChrisG

yeah i was wondering the same thing. i was going to try to get out tomorrow if they are ok.
Right on. I was there Tuesday, and it was still frozen solid and clean. The question is how much stuff is on the trails post-storm.

Hopefully someone can get out today/early tomorrow and give us the updated poop.

ChrisG

Tough one to call....lots of rain yesterday, froze last night, thaw today, freeze again tonight blah blah blah.
I figure one of our super locals might be able to do a drive-by and let us know how it looks.:hmmm:

walter

Fourth Party
I will know later today if I have work tomorrow and I think my daughter will be well enough to return to school tomorrow as well. If that happens, and I am off, I will drive down and have a report by early afternoon tomorow.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stopped by Allaire today at 3pm to check it out. Saw 4 guys on bikes in the parking lot and asked them how the trails were. There response ICEY, not worth it. Looking at there bikes there was not much mud just the occassional splatter.
I work in Wall Township and they had about 3" of snow at 6am yesterday followed by rain. There is no snow left, just ice patchs.:cry:

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
not sure what time. still kind of a toss up if i am or not. got too much new bike fever to ride my current crappy one. hahhhahah

dualfisted

maybe i can help?????

I may be able to hit the trails up around 9am, if so, I'll post up a trail report. Be advised, they are calling for temps around 37 today (fri) with some flurries, could go sloppy quick. Hope for the freeze to prevail!!!!

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
At 7:45 the temp was 18F, the trails do have spots of ice, some of which appear as a black ice condition. I dont see any chance of a thaw b4 the end of the day. The trails are like concrete.

If you are a fast rider becarful because the chance of coming up on a suprise patch of ice is almost guarenteed. If you are a rider who keeps count of how many times you fall each ride you might want to wear football pads. I plan on riding around noon.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions