Conditions at Hartshorne/Huber?

C

carlk

What are conditions at Huber/Hartshorne? Thinking of riding there tomorrow, but not sure whether to bring regular or studded tires. Where is the approximate snow/no-snow line in NJ?

trailtreker

What are conditions at Huber/Hartshorne? Thinking of riding there tomorrow, but not sure whether to bring regular or studded tires. Where is the approximate snow/no-snow line in NJ?

haven't been there in a week or two, but the red bank / middletown area does not have snow.

al415

Banned
I'm about 9 miles south of there, but in about the same distance from the ocean. All we have is ice. No snow.

wonderturtle

havent been there in a week or so. but live right near there. we did get about 1 inch (or less) on Friday but that has since been washed away by rain. I suspect the trails to still be quite mushy in spots for a while.

al415

Banned
I rode this morning, 12-23

It was like riding on bedrock! The entire place was frozen solid. A couple of patches of ice here and there. Get in there this morning though, because the slop will return with tonights rain / thaw. It was so cold in there this morning that my lungs hurt and my nostrils froze on the first climb! Bliss.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i was thinking of going there. i went to 6mile real early not knowing it was all ice i thought it would be frozen dirt. i got geared up and looked down the trail head on 27side then proceeded to ungear and go home. ive been playing madden 09 on Xbox since 8.00am. i think im gonna head over there

al415

Banned
i was thinking of going there. i went to 6mile real early not knowing it was all ice i thought it would be frozen dirt. i got geared up and looked down the trail head on 27side then proceeded to ungear and go home. ive been playing madden 09 on Xbox since 8.00am. i think im gonna head over there

I had the whole place to myself at 0700 this morning. It's a couple of degrees warmer now but I'm sure you'll have a ball.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
bikes141.jpg

trail were rock hard and dry very nice just cold

Frank

Sasquatch
Do you have any pics from today???
I am rather bored here at work and can only play Mare's game so much.:eek:

edit: oooops Don's game.

Last edited:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
just the one of the deer in front of me on the ROCK HARD trail. or frozen dirt hard trail. put it this way it wasn't soft and there isn't any front wheel wash out in soft sandy turns. mare why would you regret that post? its cool to pick apart my posts no big deal...ask ben:rofl:<---that means im kinda kidding

Mare

mare why would you regret that post?

Because it's showing my mind is in the gutter!!!

Glad the trail was in good shape and you were able to get in a ride. I am jealous :( I hope the rain doesn't come tomorrow because I can finally get out tomorrow.

Top Bottom