Conditions, 2/15/09

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Got out for a little bit today to ride the northern half of the outer loop (Cascade, WMA, etc.).

Cascade is in premo shape.

The north loop has some ice and snow patches still. Passable, just be careful. The ice got me a few times; tore little hole in my new Castelli's:mad:.

A few small trees down too. If I hadn't been alone, I think I could've gotten most of 'em out of the way.

The WMA is a mix; a few soggy spots, a few snowy spots, a few icy spots, and some firm 'n fast. A few new small trees down too.

All-in-all if you're careful and try to stay in the white crunchy stuff near the edge of the trails (and off the ice), get out there!

HumanVise

Tim, that must have been you I saw in the picnic area parking lot.......I should have hung out with you and rode but I needed to limit my ride to an hour due to a family commitment and was ready to rock and roll.

As you mentioned, Cascade was awesome! I opted to cross over and take the rocky trail after the end of cascade and promptly ripped my rear der. off :cry: about 1/4 mile in. After a failed attempt to rig up a single speed I hiked out at a brisk pace making my hour deadline.

I recognized your Mt. King treads on my way out.....

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Tim, that must have been you I saw in the picnic area parking lot.......I should have hung out with you and rode but I needed to limit my ride to an hour due to a family commitment and was ready to rock and roll.

As you mentioned, Cascade was awesome! I opted to cross over and take the rocky trail after the end of cascade and promptly ripped my rear der. off :cry: about 1/4 mile in. After a failed attempt to rig up a single speed I hiked out at a brisk pace making my hour deadline.

I recognized your Mt. King treads on my way out.....

Ya' know, every time I see somebody up there I wonder if it is a mtbnj'er!

You have the Honda Ridgeline? If so, then yep, you saw me in the black Explorer.

Sorry to hear about your rear der. MD loves to eat those things...which is why I like SS'ing up there. Though, the SIR9 is 1x9 for winter...'can't finesse snow climbs with a SS (or at least I can't).

I was hoping to get out again today, but my back is acting up :mad:

HumanVise

Ya' know, every time I see somebody up there I wonder if it is a mtbnj'er!

You have the Honda Ridgeline? If so, then yep, you saw me in the black Explorer.

Sorry to hear about your rear der. MD loves to eat those things...which is why I like SS'ing up there. Though, the SIR9 is 1x9 for winter...'can't finesse snow climbs with a SS (or at least I can't).

I was hoping to get out again today, but my back is acting up :mad:

That was me! I can't complain, it was the first time I lost a der. in nearly 20 years. Now I'll carry a spare hanger.....though SS is looking pretty good now.

Sundays are usually a good time for me, we'll have to plan some rides. It's crazy we're probably neighbors.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
That was me! I can't complain, it was the first time I lost a der. in nearly 20 years. Now I'll carry a spare hanger.....though SS is looking pretty good now.

Sundays are usually a good time for me, we'll have to plan some rides. It's crazy we're probably neighbors.

Yeah, I learned about carrying a spare der hanger the hard way when I was still riding my Turner. 'Had to walk out after goin' ass-over-tea-kettle down The Wall.

We probably are neighbors, I live in Preston Lake Estates across Russia road from the golf course.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
maybe one of these days timmy. as soon as my son starts sleeping a bit.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions