Conditions, 2/13/09

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Didn't ride the north parts, just the south (Stones Gate, the Wall, etc.). 'Had to cut the ride short because, like a dumb-a$$, I got my feet wet and they were so cold they hurt.

Anyway, some wet, some ice, some snow (still), and a lot of firm and fast.

Watch out for the wet and icy and go for it.

I moved quite a few smaller trees/limbs today. All-in-all the wind damage isn't too bad. There is a larger tree down on Stones Gate, but I think we should leave it and build a ramp up over it. The approach is straight from both directions and I think it'd be a nice feature.

Shaggz,
The stuff that was put down to close off the old wall has vanished.

Tim

Lewie

Where you parked by the lot marked Saffins pond? Around 3pm or so?

I saw two guys I think finishing up their ride loading up their truck with their bikes as I drove by on my way home from Mountain Creek.

Stocky

I'm thinking about giving it shot for tomorrow morning.I sold my Ranger tix, so I need another activity.

My buddies tried last Sunday when it was warm but still way to much snow.
I wish it would melt and spring would arrive already.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Where you parked by the lot marked Saffins pond? Around 3pm or so?

I saw two guys I think finishing up their ride loading up their truck with their bikes as I drove by on my way home from Mountain Creek.

Nah, I usually park at the picnic area and was wheels down around 10 AM

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I'm thinking about giving it shot for tomorrow morning.I sold my Ranger tix, so I need another activity.

My buddies tried last Sunday when it was warm but still way to much snow.
I wish it would melt and spring would arrive already.

If the northern trails are anything like the southern trails, you should be fine.

hxmiller

Tree down on Stone Gate

There is a larger tree down on Stones Gate, but I think we should leave it and build a ramp up over it. The approach is straight from both directions and I think it'd be a nice feature.

Here is a pic of the large tree down on Stone Gate. Was built up when we got there.

H

Attachments

• MD0215.jpg
    MD0215.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 232

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions