Conditioning, anaerobic, interval, peak...how do I understand all this? Any pointer, please? MLHA (Make Leo Healty Again)

Jason, let me check it out, I don't want you to waste an account on me if I am not going to take advantage of it. I'll message you either way. Regardless, I really appreciate it! Thanks a bunch!
The Trainerroad guys also have a very engaging, binge listening worthy podcast that sooner or later(probably sooner) will address all your terminology questions. They answer questions from listeners and trainerroad users and there’s often stuff that’s addressed that probably applies to where you’re coming from
It’s called the Ask a Cycling Coach podcast and is available on SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes etc

Last edited:

serviceguy

This climb up pottersville rd.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2170194296/segments/54737449665

https://www.strava.com/segments/1105617?filter=overall

filter on OOS - seems @Norm got a little inspired on that one back in 2012.

Was that the road section after the shop where I thought we were going to eat (also my reason to join the ride)? Not sure of what happened there, I just engaged my 42T and puffed away looking at you guys in the distance (ahead, va sans dire).

serviceguy

@serviceguy, I can see Pottersville from my window LMK if you want a tour. I prefer picking up the Patriots Path from my secret entrance up to Hacklebarney Park.

Thanks for the generous offer, maybe one day. It's not like there's a shortage of steep climbs in the Ringwood area though.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Was that the road section after the shop where I thought we were going to eat (also my reason to join the ride)? Not sure of what happened there, I just engaged my 42T and puffed away looking at you guys in the distance (ahead, va sans dire).

Yes.

you climbed it, didn't stop, not on a skinny bike.
That is how i see it.

serviceguy

Yes.

you climbed it, didn't stop, not on a skinny bike.
That is how i see it.

I'm genuinely surprised I even remember it, I had to stop and give mouth to mouth resuscitation to my brain afterward...

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Improvement is incremental - this is/was your current "base fitness".
Seems a fine starting point. Let's add to it.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah if you were a NYC commuter, you could drive to fort Lee and ride in. This would of got your ride on.

Patrick

Staff member
1554905662130.png

it is strange you have decided to use a wall anchor -
anchor has a couple of meanings in the local language.

could be like a boat anchor, holding it steadily/safely in place
or dragging the anchor to slow the boat down or the group

or the anchor of a team is the one the team is built upon. as in the last one of a relay team to
hold off the charge of an opponent, or to close, and overtake them at the end of a race.

Or a goto person when things seem they are going wrong.....to get anchored back into reality.

or it could just be a simple way to hold stuff up on drywall. like a bike rack.

Ride the bike to get in the zone! (urban dictionary of in the zone)

Top Bottom