Computer

• Thread starter Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)
  • Start date
R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Looking for info/suggestions on a computer for the bike. Looked at the Garmin and it is way more money than I want to spend. I use a powertap on the road bike and will train with HR on the trails. I'll use the computer for basic time/distance/speed.
I have been checking out the Cateye computers. Any other recommendations?

Cheers

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I have a cateye on my trainer bike, only one I could find with a wired rear wheel sensor. I have used a sigma, specialized, and currently a garmin on my mtb and road bike. Aside from the garmin, I liked the sigma the best as far as cost vs ease of use and functions goes. It was wireless, always worked, easy to read, not too big, and pretty inexpensive. The specialized was cool because of the stem mount they use, but not worth the money over the sigma.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
Commodore C64 - a bit bulky, but has a lot of great gaming titles.

Lacking that, I have always used the cateye micro wireless for time/speed/distance. Cheap, reliable, accurate.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Looking for info/suggestions on a computer for the bike. Looked at the Garmin and it is way more money than I want to spend. I use a powertap on the road bike and will train with HR on the trails. I'll use the computer for basic time/distance/speed.
I have been checking out the Cateye computers. Any other recommendations?

Cheers

Get a PowerTap wireless speed sensor and extra mounting kit for your MTB and use the same Cervo2.4 head for both bikes. You can also still use the H/R strap and upload your MTB rides into PowerAgent or Training Peaks sans wattage data of course.

-Jim.

R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Pt

Get a PowerTap wireless speed sensor and extra mounting kit for your MTB and use the same Cervo2.4 head for both bikes. You can also still use the H/R strap and upload your MTB rides into PowerAgent or Training Peaks sans wattage data of course.

-Jim.

Brilliant! Thanks man. Good idea!

Top Bottom