Completed another site upgrade......Dark Mode Cometh 🦇

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
one more feature - you may have previously noticed a short-cut to the top of the page when scrolling.
A control to jump to the bottom of the page has been added.
Bottom right of the screen - it is ephemeral, and low priority.

1618321178663.png

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Oranged-up dark mode a bit. should be a few more changes coming - that brown with burgundy mix isn't working for me.
- yes, it reminds me of oxidized red wine, which triggers an unpleasant olfactory memory.

If @MissJR or @capedoc (there are more of you) would like to pitch some RGB color choices, I'm listening.

Last edited:

iman29

Dark mode looks good. Will have to use it on my phone for less eye strain.

Googled "The Dark Side" and this was in the first few results...not sure it was referring to this web page tho.

Irony also because I am in the IT profession for like 28+ years

Patrick

Staff member
Dark mode looks good. Will have to use it on my phone for less eye strain.

Googled "The Dark Side" and this was in the first few results...not sure it was referring to this web page tho.

Irony also because I am in the IT profession for like 28+ years

One of my favorite comebacks at a review of someone screwing something up is Why did the system let them do that?
It makes people fear screwing up (stress), because they have no idea what happens after hitting submit.
Radio buttons that don't allow Other/Describe (which would lead to review to see if more radio buttons are needed)
I don't do human interface well at all - so i'm stressed about the color. If i didn't need the extra money.....:D

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oranged-up dark mode a bit. should be a more coming - that brown with burgundy mix isn't working for me.
- yes, it reminds me of oxidized red wine, which triggers an unpleasant olfactory memory.

If @MissJR or @capedoc (there are more of you) would like to pitch some RGB color choices, I'm listening.
you need the logo in RGB?

sorry... today is super busy... at a quick look, the logo version i have is Pantone Hexachrome Orange C... if i do a quick conversion, R 247/ G 144 / B30 but i'm also not in dark mode so i have no idea how muddy things look.

EDIT: my conversion was simply just opening the logo in illustrator and converting it that way.

Patrick

Staff member
you need the logo in RGB?

sorry... today is super busy... at a quick look, the logo version i have is Pantone Hexachrome Orange C... if i do a quick conversion, R 247/ G 144 / B30 but i'm also not in dark mode so i have no idea how muddy things look.

EDIT: my conversion was simply just opening the logo in illustrator and converting it that way.

Got it - can make the oranges matchy now.

if you get a chance tonight, switch over to dark mode please - you'll see the uglies.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Dark mode messes with my eyes. It's a no for me, please don't make it the only available style.

hadn't even thought about that -
remember, i'm all about (line) choices.

if you'd like something custom, i'm here for ya.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oranged-up dark mode a bit. should be a more changes coming - that brown with burgundy mix isn't working for me.

Sorry for the late response. Got jabbed in the arm today and fell asleep for the rest of the day. Now I'm wide awake.

The orange we use on the kits in RGB is #fe5f00, the orange we use on the site is #ff6c0c...honestly, I don't remember why I used two different oranges. It has now been over 10 years since I made this stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom