Completed another site upgrade......Dark Mode Cometh 🦇

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Well, all those annoying little features that have crept into the forum over the last couple years have
finally convinced your IT support team to address the issue. It is all about the user experience.

1582043240892.png

I gave Quorra (Olivia Wilde) a buzz for some advice, and she said to remove one's self from the equation.
Seriously, she does fight for the users. (Tron Legacy is a vastly under-rated movie)

There is a bit more testing to do - and other than the bug fixes, the most obvious changes will be in some of the styles,
just a bit more modern - like the all-important round frame around avatars rather than square. And easier sharing on
social media.

Besides, i'll back everything up, and if it goes off the rails, we won't be any worse for the day...

1582044065503.png

Will probably do it in the middle of the night - which night? idunno. I'll give an hour or two notice.
The site will be locked down for the duration of the upgrade. two-ish hours.

I'll post up, as you might have to clear your browser to get everything to work as planned.

Signed,
Your IT Dept.

Patrick

Staff member
I work for an 80 billion dollar company, and we test in production why can't we do that here? Lol

The live site is for ongoing social experimentation on the community.
The mother ship discussed a hot swap, but this isn't Jersey Shore,
their department does all the crazy stuff.

I'm going to get a 25% raise if this goes smoothly.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The live site is for ongoing social experimentation on the community.
The mother ship discussed a hot swap, but this isn't Jersey Shore,
their department does all the crazy stuff.

prepare for your 25% pay cut when all this is done, good that means more money for stuff :p

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Nobody remembers when things go according to plan. They only remember when shit goes bad. But you already know this.

Hope you don't spend that raise all in one place :p

Patrick

Staff member
Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Nobody remembers when things go according to plan. They only remember when shit goes bad. But you already know this.

Hope you don't spend that raise all in one place :p

Was working in a place that cut a couple of sys admins because they didn't do anything,
since nothing ever went wrong....they said one of the analysts could take up any slack.
you know those raid arrays don't ever fail.....assuming the errors are tracked, and pm performed....
and maybe run some sort of b/u occasionally...

Patrick

Staff member
Game on! 20200220:0000

Saddle up, i'm grabbing a case of redbull and having at it tonight.
Probably around midnight when i sober-up from happy hour.
So get your xanax ready, it is going to be a long night without the board online.

you were expecting Clapton? or Rod Stewart?

Last edited:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Game on! 20200220:0000

Saddle up, i'm grabbing a case of redbull and having at it tonight.
Probably around midnight when i sober-up from happy hour.
So get your xanax ready, it is going to be a long night without the board online.

you were expecting Clapton?

good thing ill be asleep, make sure its done by the time i get to work in the morning ;)

Top Bottom