Commuting

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
this has worried me when I have worked late and believe it or not Harlem out is safer IMO. I have seen shit under the bridge at night that has made my skin crawl...

Fuck Bloomberg everyone should be allowed to carry. I'd loved to be able to get a couple rounds off on dirtbags like these punks...

rlb

No no, can't have legal guns in NY because things like this might happen. And I don't mean terrible re-filming of video footage with your phone in portrait mode. When will people learn LANDSCAPE?

Last edited:

ChrisRU

this has worried me when I have worked late and believe it or not Harlem out is safer IMO. I have seen shit under the bridge at night that has made my skin crawl...

+1. When it gets dark I bail off the Greenway at 158th and take Riverside to 168th then go by the hospital. Its still Washington Heights but atleast its fairly well lit. That last mile or so of Greenway can be sketchy at night, even more so now with most of the lights out from the construction.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My dad told me about this cause it was in the Korean newspapers. I heard one of the guys is sue'ing the city.

Spylab

Commuting diary (a few days late):

Woop woop! Just crossed 300 consecutive work days.
No desire to stop at this point.
Strangely looking forward to the cold again.

1157697_10100601155676245_1719413796_n_zps51028f39.jpg

THATmanMANNY

trying to get back with it.

the effort riding to work sucks

the good things are save ga$ and when I sit down and drink my fresh brew and eat my 2nd breakfast

MST.ESQ

Is this something you guys need to take into account?
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09...n-nyc-gang-attacking-riders-along-the-hudson/

Meanwhile, in Syria...

The police response to this was not to provide extra security, but to encourage cyclists to NOT USE the Greenway and ride in the city streets. I guess they are trying to corral us to a point where they can hand out more tickets to us. I ride this area every week but have been trying to avoid it at night. The way those attacks occurred - in addition to the toddler that was stabbed in broad daylight in the presumably safe area of Riverside Park - has me spooked when I pass north of 74th Street. I rode there last night and did not see a single cop the entire distance from Battery Park to the GWB. The Greenway is simply not a priority for police brass right now despite these recent attacks.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I am back after a long hiatus due to injury. Came back last week and put in a full week of commuting. Lost some legs and gained a bunch of lbs. So it made for a tough start to my week but by the end I started feeling much better. Friday I worked late and couldn't get Norms post out of my head, dark and alone on the greenway made for a frightening ride home.

Anyhow it's that time of year now where my mileage will jump up as the weather gets colder. Looking to get back to the 30 to 40 miles daily routine. So who is still commuting?

Spylab

Well I am back after a long hiatus due to injury. Came back last week and put in a full week of commuting. Lost some legs and gained a bunch of lbs. So it made for a tough start to my week but by the end I started feeling much better. Friday I worked late and couldn't get Norms post out of my head, dark and alone on the greenway made for a frightening ride home.

Anyhow it's that time of year now where my mileage will jump up as the weather gets colder. Looking to get back to the 30 to 40 miles daily routine. So who is still commuting?

I'm still going... today was consecutive commute no. 339.

Nothing new to report from my neck of the woods except for an exploding headset a couple weeks ago. Limped it home and spent a week on Plan B bike while a pretty new King set came in.

Slowly losing my love affair with Crank Brothers.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Today I didn't do any commuting by bike, but said hi to someone before he left for his bike commute into the city.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Been commuting 3-4 days a week. I drop 2 days this time of year for CX work.

My new commute into Summit is pretty stellar. 30 miles round trip through nice rolling and scenic roads. Cut through the reservation in either direction to switch it up.

1 day a week I commute through Plainfield into Cranford. It's terrible city style riding, I hate every pedal stroke of it, especially coming home on friday night.

Also just under 30 miles though so without doing any long rides on my days off I'm over 10 hours.

-Jim.

Top Bottom