Comment for Public Access Trails Connecting Sterling and Ringwood

Bleeder

JORBA:President
The Watchtower is building a A/V production facility adjacent to Sterling Forest and Ringwood State Park. Let them know you want multi-use public access trails.
The property, along Sterling Mine Road, is a potential keystone connecting Ringwood State Park, in NJ, Sterling Forest State Park in NY and Sloatsburg, NY

Watchtower-AV-2021-05-24-172943.png

Multi-use Public Access Trails​

In addition to expanding opportunities for both mountain bikers and hikers, building the new trail will provide the following benefits:
  • Increased access to the region’s open and green spaces;
  • Boost economic activity for the region’s businesses by enhancing recreational opportunities proximal to town centers;
  • Facilitate greater connections to nature and recreation, promoting health, well-being and a stronger sense of stewardship for our natural environment;
  • Promote additional use of existing trails and engender support for their maintenance and improvement.

Please submit your comments​

The Town Board will receive written public comment until June 21, 2021. Comments may be submitted to the Town Clerk at the address below or by email no later than 4:00 PM on that date.

Contact Info​

Email: TownofRamapoClerk@ramapo-ny.gov [Subject: Watchtower DEIS comments]
Regular Mail: Town Clerk, Town of Ramapo Town Hall, 237 State Route 59, Suffern, NY 10901
Fax: (845) 357-8513
Published May 24, 2021

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What is "the Watchtower?" IIRC this was that religious flyer they used to pass out.

Where does this sit on the map in respect to Ringwood & Stirling?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess I am somewhat confused how a religious group can plop what is essentially a business on public land.

I do not know how these things work. Obviously.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess I am somewhat confused how a religious group can plop what is essentially a business on public land.

It sounds like they own the land.

"The Jehovah's Witnesses announced plans for the property Oct. 5 during a meeting of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Cady said in a news release.

The denomination bought the 249 acres in 2009 and, later moved from their 4,000-square-foot headquarters in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, to Warwick."

That article also has this gem:

"The purpose of the complex is strictly religious," spokesman Jarrod Lopes said. "As such the facility is tax exempt. However, significant tax revenue will be generated for the region through the procurement of goods and services from local suppliers, contractors, and consultants."

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It sounds like they own the land.

Ok then next question would be: how is it that we can ask/demand they allow us to build trails on it?

I remain confused.

"The purpose of the complex is strictly religious," spokesman Jarrod Lopes said. "As such the facility is tax exempt. However, significant tax revenue will be generated for the region through the procurement of goods and services from local suppliers, contractors, and consultants."

I mean this is true. If you employe 1000 people in an area, they need to eat lunch somewhere.

Kaleidopete

Ramapo may be the most corrupt town in America.

That reminds me, me and a friend got automobile tickets in Tuxedo, I think that's a part of Ramapo.
I asked the court clerk what the fine was. I was told you have to plead guilty first, then
when the judge comes in he will decide what the fine is!😱

Last edited:
Top Bottom