comfortable seat recommendations??

PatrickBrown

this seat that came stock on my road bike is killing me. I used to run flite titanium seats on both of my bikes, and I'm considering just doing that again.

does anyone recommend anything that may be better? maybe something better for the male anatomy?

this seat that came stock on my road bike is killing me. I used to run flite titanium seats on both of my bikes, and I'm considering just doing that again.

does anyone recommend anything that may be better? maybe something better for the male anatomy?

age old question and no simple answers. I just switched back to the stock saddle on my road bike because the WTB Rocket V is was using caused unbelievably painful rubbing. Yet the Rocket V on my MTB is a dream come true saddle-wise. I thought it would translate well to the Road, but the skin on my left leg says otherwise. I am still searching for that perfect road saddle, but it took me 6 years and 7 different brands of running shoes before I found a pair that I can wear for more than 6 miles without pain. Finding a saddle may be a much more expensive and lengthy adventure.

For more on the Great Saddle Debate, try reading this thread: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1720&highlight=saddle

NickDavid

Is it hard or soft? I've read that soft seats conform to your "Junk Area" and put pressure on certain spots that there shouldn't be pressure on.

I use the stock seat that came with my trek 1500, so I can't give you any opinions.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah it's a tough question. A lot of people like Brooks saddles but if you drop that much coin and don't like it...? And some people say the best saddles they ever owned actually felt terrible the first few rides. I've had good luck with the Specialized BG stuff but it's not like butter either. I'll eventually try something else.

Fiziks and Selles are pretty popular for the road. Specialized Toupe (regular, team or gel) has gotten a lot of notice recently and I'm considering one but at $150, again what if you don't like it? There's the Specialized Alias at $100 or the old model on their website now for $60. If I hadn't been dropping mad cash on bike stuff in the last 2 months I would likely buy that. Some of these saddles are so, so small though it's hard to justify that kind of bread.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I ride the Specialized Toupe, previously the Alias. The Alias was firm but comfortable, never bothered me. I have the Toupe on my new bike, and it just dissapears beneath you.

I have sold numerous Alias's and no one has complained yet. At $150 Toupes are moving slower.

I do have a used Brooks Swift Ti for sale if your interested. It hit the ground once, so it is scratched.

Gary

Top Bottom