Collegiate Cycling Season Kicks off at Rutgers!

lancerracer

If any of you have some free time over the weekend, stop by and see some awesome collegiate racing...Right now we have racers from approx 35 schools attending the races...if you come, please feel free to be loud...

------------------------------------------------

Web: www.rutgerscycling.com
For Immediate Release

Collegiate Cycling Kicks Off at Rutgers

On Saturday, March 3rd and Sunday, March 4th 2007, Rutgers Cycling, the cycling team of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, will host the first collegiate road race weekend of the Eastern Collegiate Cycling Conference (ECCC) spring race season on the Livingston campus of Rutgers University and Johnson Park in Piscataway, New Jersey.

The weekend will draw collegiate cycling teams from over fifty colleges and universities in the Northeast to the New Brunswick area. An estimated five hundred racers will compete in three events over two days, each racing for points to qualify their respective teams for the Collegiate National Championships to be held in Kansas in May 2007.

The racing begins on the morning of Saturday, March 3rd with an Eddy Merckx-style, no-aero, individual time trial at Johnson Park in Piscataway, New Jersey. Racers will test their early season fitness in an individual race against the clock over the 4.5 mile course.

Following the time trial on Saturday morning, racing will move in the afternoon to the Livingston campus of Rutgers University where racers will compete in a criterium, a race over a short course emphasizing technical skill and explosive power. A new course for 2007, this course has been to home to the Watermelon Criterium for years, and it has showcased former ProTour riders like Henk Vogels and Olympian Marty Nothstein.

On Sunday morning, racing resumes with the circuit race on the Livingston campus of Rutgers University. Racers will test their endurance as they complete laps on this 2.2 mile course with technical corners, long climbs, and killer headwinds.

More race information is available at www.rutgerscycling.com

The Rutgers Collegiate Cycling Classic is sponsored by Pacific Health Labs, Inc. makers of Accelerade and Endurox, Maul Electric, Inc., Red Bull, Cycle-Smart,Verge Sport, and Efinger Sporting Goods.

Rutgers Cycling is a non-varsity collegiate club team. Rutgers Cycling finished top ten at Collegiate Road Nationals in May of 2004. More recently, Rutgers Cycling has raced to high placings at the Collegiate National Championships in both track and cyclo-cross.

ArmyOfNone

I rode over there from home this afternoon. It was my first experience with any cycling racing. I really enjoyed myself. it was quite amusing riding through the middle of the college ave campus with all of my new princeton gear on. i watched the c thru a crit races. i never thought road racing would be my thing but i enjoyed watching the races. i may thing of trying it sometime.

if anything the day was a good taste of what racing was about...Comradery and teamwork

i had a great time. it was even fun racing back home to meet the gf. rode back in 15 min faster then i went out! blasty blast!

NJ Jess

Nice

I really enjoy watching road cyclist. Even went to France to watch some of the Tour. It really is a different feeling. I love the different colors, uniforms, bikes, its a carnival atmosphere. The teamwork portion of it fansinates me. We don't have that in XC, DH, or even cross. Hope you guys post more events.

Top Bottom