Collegeville Pa?

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Is there anything of note for mountain biking in this area?
My daughter just started her freshmen year at Ursinus so I will find myself in the area pretty often in the near future…

JDurk

That's like dead center in the middle of many different locations.
Wissahickon, Marsh Creek, French Creek, Blue Marsh, Nockamixon, Green Lane all for mtb. Then there's the Schuykill River Trail and Perkioman Trail for road or mtb and you can use them to get to some of the mtb locations.

xrjx

Evansburg state park is in Collegeville - i have some buddies who live in the area and ride here frequently. apparently there are some really fun trails in that park. Then there's Spring Mountain, which used to be known as Launch Bike Park that's about 15 minutes away. The bike park is closed and you have to pedal to the top now, but the trails have been maintained and are full of technical descents.

Last edited:

thegock

That's like dead center in the middle of many different locations.
Wissahickon, Marsh Creek, French Creek, Blue Marsh, Nockamixon, Green Lane all for mtb. Then there's the Schuykill River Trail and Perkioman Trail for road or mtb and you can use them to get to some of the mtb locations.

The Perkiomen MUT runs right by to the east of Ursinus.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Collegeville is about 20-30 minutes from French Creek/Birdsboro Preserve (and another 20 minutes further to Blue Marsh) on 422, 20 minutes from Green Lane on Route 29, probably 45 minutes from Wissahickon (you'd probably want to take Germantown Pike) and 40 minutes from Nocamixon (if you take 29 to 63 to 563.) Evansburg actually kind of sucks. They do nothing to take care of it, and the trails are pretty disjoint (meaning you have to ride on roads to connect the few that there are.) That said, it is right there on the edge of Collegeville. But honestly, I'd opt to drive to one of the other spots. @JDurk is right - you could take the Perk and SRT to ride from Collegeville into Philly. That's probably only about 20-25 (easy) miles. I don't know exactly how far Marsh Creek is - I figure the best way to get there is probably taking Route 23 to the Turnpike and then Turnpike to Downingtown.

Top Bottom