Collectable Marin Bike

zip

I do not know how old this bike is but it was hardly ridden at all and is complete and original. It was donated to our BSA fleet at Camp Allamuchy. My first thoughts were that this is too nice for fleet use and should be in someones collection instead. It is offered as a trade for an adult small or medium mountain bike in half way decent condition to be added to our Scout fleet, used by Scouts ages 12 to 17. Disc brakes would be a dream! This bike has "Marin Lite" branded saddle, stem, bar, tires and waterbottle cage. The rims have special alternating drilling indicating good quality. It has Tange butted tubing with tig welding. The fork is Rockstar Cr-Mo. Looks like a size medium. Scratch on handle bar and downtube.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 90

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That's amazing, looks like never used. 1994 edition. What kept throwing me off were the cantis. But that's what Marin spec even when most companys were supplying theirs with the new V brakes, lol.

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
It is a nice looking bike....it is not "collectible". It was originally a $575 bike, the Bicycle Blue Book value on it in very good condition is only about $101-$104. It's not like you have a 1995 Fischer Hoo Koo E Koo in the Grateful Dead paint or Paramount or Red Rocker or something....Give it to the kids and let them rip it up!

Johnny Utah

That's amazing, looks like never used. 1994 edition. What kept throwing me off were the cantis. But that's what Marin spec even when most companys were supplying theirs with the new V brakes, lol.
Shimano V’s weren’t available until 96 in the XT/XTR flavor. LX in 97

Top Bottom